Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Engine jerks at 10,000 rpm?

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Stealth Rider 
#1 ·
I have a 04 with 13k km on the engine. It was running great till recnetly the engine jerks right at 10k rpm...feels like miss firing or fuel cut for that 1 sec...it happens sometimes.....engine is running fine after pass 10,000rpm.

I thought i had some dirty fuel or water in the tank..but it is still happening after I did the fuel system/water remove.....

Anyone has any idea?bad spark?dirty fuel?bad timing?

ps.
I had k&N and a slip on...lots back fires.

#4 ·
Kickstand switch is wet.

water moves around under vibration, makes a spark and kills your engine.

It will take you 3 minutes to clean it and voila, bike is again good as new.

NOW GO DO IT before you spend money on anything else like I did.

#5 · (Edited)
I was just about to start a thread about this. The same exact thing happened to me on the way to work. So on my way home from work, i got it at 10k and nothing happened, just pulled. It only happens sometimes to me too.

8055Niac, are you sure thats what is causing this? Cause my bike wasnt wet, hadnt been wet in a long time

#7 ·
I thought that too so I changed the map and it still happens. Plus, why would it happen only sometimes if it is the map?

#9 ·
Thanks all the reply.

I have checked the spark plugs..also discounnted the butterfly valve cable..still happening. Not sure why only get that fuel cut feeling right at 10krpm?

My bike runs great on any other rpm....where is the kickstand buttom?right on the stand or u r talking the switch under the seat?

#11 ·
HEHE glad you got it fixed man, I did the new fuel pupm, spark plugs, air filter and found out it was the switch.

#17 ·
I guess Ill be cleaning mine out tonight. I have the same problem. And of course it only happened once or twice to me on the street and almost ALL FREAKING DAY at the track. That was fun, almost a waste of money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.