Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked with a guy that said that you can mix the engine ice with the coolant that is in the bike. I just want to check with everyone else to see if it is true. I had it in my Busa but i drained the whole system and just used the engine ice.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Not sure of the answer but if your bike is low on fluid why not just drain it, flush it and refill it with ice? Pretty easy job to do

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
DO NOT add it to what's in your radiator already (unless there's engine ice in there already).....the directions VERY clearly state to drain and flush all the old coolant out before putting it in. i've had buddies do a half ass job of draining and they just added the ice......bikes started running hotter than normal. i think it's like $30-$40 per container and it usually takes about 2 of them sooooooo i'd take the time and do it as directed. just my:2cents:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
DO NOT add it to what's in your radiator already (unless there's engine ice in there already).....the directions VERY clearly state to drain and flush all the old coolant out before putting it in. i've had buddies do a half ass job of draining and they just added the ice......bikes started running hotter than normal. i think it's like $30-$40 per container and it usually takes about 2 of them sooooooo i'd take the time and do it as directed. just my:2cents:
:eyecrazy: Keep lookin if you see this price! I got mine at a local shop thats generally high priced and mine was 18 something per container!!! Just saying

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info on that. I never even thought of checking there web site

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Use de ionized water...Not shure if thats the same as distilled or not but my 10 worked great with de ionized water and water wetter..
I keep wanting to look into the evans coolant but usually forget 10 seconds later...Must be gettin scatter brained....HHHMMM now what was it we were talkin about??? lol

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Use de ionized water...Not shure if thats the same as distilled or not but my 10 worked great with de ionized water and water wetter..
I keep wanting to look into the evans coolant but usually forget 10 seconds later...Must be gettin scatter brained....HHHMMM now what was it we were talkin about??? lol
Whats up man?!?!?! Hows that gen 3?!?!? ^^^Sorry for the temp thread jack!!!

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Never mind the evans..From what im seeing its a 50/50 deal if damage will be because of the excessive heat on seal and metal expansion..Ill stick with water and de ionized water..

Oh guys,dont forget that when you flush,use a 50/50 mix of viniger and de ionized water to..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Hey filthy...JUst saw the paint scheme today.Cant wait to get it put together.I got sooo hard it was scary..lol..All i have been doin it workin so far and havent made time for the bike..Just playin catch up from when i had cancer in mid 08 and got wayyyy behind..
How you diggin the exhaust?? the map do anythin for ya??

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Hey filthy...JUst saw the paint scheme today.Cant wait to get it put together.I got sooo hard it was scary..lol..All i have been doin it workin so far and havent made time for the bike..Just playin catch up from when i had cancer in mid 08 and got wayyyy behind..
How you diggin the exhaust?? the map do anythin for ya??
Damn bro!! Didnt know you had cancer! Hope youre doin better and heal up completely!!! The exhaust is great!! Havent been riding much, just been busy and doing some mods, new fork seals and springs and a few others. Gonna get a tune real quick here but I need my valves serviced first. I think the map is a bit rich for me here but it still runs great!!!!

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
No man im all healed an all..Been cancer free now sence i lost my kidney..Had tests done every 6 months so far im all clear..
Now the bad news...Payin back the loans i took out to cover my ass for the time i was off work and all..Frig the bike aint even at my house yet and i got a lv gp1 slip on,got a mid pipe made,green hel lines,brembo m/c,a under tail kit and seat cowl,hid kit ..Once i sell my 06 ill be addin more to it..Not sure what direction im gonna go..Wheels,brakes(although i got a line on some brembos) or another beet exhaust..There will be some suspension stuff done then the normal shit like a fuel management and block off plates,dbl bbl tinted shield,samco coolant hose kit and so on..
When i get it all done ill be postin pics..

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:eyecrazy: Keep lookin if you see this price! I got mine at a local shop thats generally high priced and mine was 18 something per container!!! Just saying
My bad man, you're right.... I paid like $40 for 2 jugs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts