Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

I live in a hot country and would like to know from u guys which is the more preferable coolant for me.

My country don't have 4 seasons here.Through out the year is summer.

If using water wetter what is the correct ratio to mix?

How much of the water wetter is needed for the zx-10r radiator?

Anyone using Motul Inugel Expert here?

http://www.motul.com.au/product_lin...ugel_expert.jpg

Peace.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am no expert since I just started using both these products last summer. The Water Wetter seems to be a better and cheaper option for you if you don't have to worry about cold/freezing weather. It costs less, accepted at tracks and is a simple 50/50 mix. Engine Ice is pricey but protects from freezing. Engine Ice is not mixed at all, it replaces the coolant/water mix 100%.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
If you are not doing track days I would stick with standard coolant/water mixture. It not only lowers the freezing point but also raises the boiling point.

I've found that standard green coolant will lead to deposits in the cooling system over time, but Volkswagen G12 coolant will not (phosphate-free and without the problems of Dexcool). I switched mine over to that. If you switch it, you must *completely* flush the system, because this stuff is not compatible with the standard green stuff. Available at any VW dealer.

If you ARE doing track days or racing, you'll have to check the rulebook of whoever is organizing them. Water mixed with WaterWetter is accepted everywhere that I know of, but Engine Ice may not be.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
steves87 said:
The Water Wetter seems to be a better and cheaper option for you if you don't have to worry about cold/freezing weather. It costs less, accepted at tracks and is a simple 50/50 mix.
Whoa, hold it! Water Wetter does not get mixed 50% with distilled water. The mix ratio is quite low, a few milliliters per litre in the cooling system, and there's about 2-and-change litres in the cooling system of these bikes. The correct mix ratio is on the bottle ...

·
Registered
775 Posts
You add water wetter to your coolant/water mix: 4 cap fulls per quart. I went a little above that and added ~ half a bottle to my coolant/water mix on my previous bike. For racing, you mix the water wetter with distilled water only.

When I put engine ice in my ZX-12R, it seemed to run a little cooler. When it is time to replace the coolant/water in my ZX-10R, I will replace it with engine ice.

Unless it is time to change out your coolant, I would try adding some water wetter to your current coolant to see if it helps enough.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
You can run watter wetter and just water. They have a mix ratio if you are running just straigh water and the wetter

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
According to the back of the bottle it, "provides excellent engine corrosion protection for modern cast iron, aluminum, and brass systems." It does recommend running 15% antifreeze in street vehicles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info guys.

Just bought a bottle of water wetter today and it only has 355ml.

By reading the tech spec of the water wetter one bottle (355ml) can treat up to 11 liters of water.

Is it suitable to use the whole bottle for the entire radiator?

How much should i pour into the reserve tank?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
check out EVAN's website.

Try EVAN'S coolant,I haven't put it in my 10 yet but i ran it almost 4 years in my 9 with no problems, and most tracks allow it, it's not cheap but it's a one time replacement.http://www.evanscooling.com/main27.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts