Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I have an M4 GP Exhaust and Woolich Racing ECU Flash on my '17 RR. When holding the clutch or in neutral, the engine dies as the rev's go down (RPM dips to just below 1000 rpm and not enough power to bring it back up).

I asked the tuner to raise the idle to 1500 rpm and that has helped reduce it drastically but still happens one in every 10 times. Anyone face a similar issue? I don't think raising idle rpm to 1800 would be the ideal solution would it?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
461 Posts
I would probably start by flashing it back to stock and see if it does the same thing. If not then you know something is wrong with that tune.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bring it to 1600 RPM and add a bit of timing .
Might give that a shot, how many degrees are we talking? 1-2?

I would probably start by flashing it back to stock and see if it does the same thing. If not then you know something is wrong with that tune.
I like that, I doubt it's the tune to be honest though because the tuner said he didn't touch it below 2000 rpm. Will run the idea by him see what he says.

I just hate that you can't live-tune with Woolich, every flash takes like 3-5 mins and an ignition reset.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Might give that a shot, how many degrees are we talking? 1-2?

I like that, I doubt it's the tune to be honest though because the tuner said he didn't touch it below 2000 rpm. Will run the idea by him see what he says.

I just hate that you can't live-tune with Woolich, every flash takes like 3-5 mins and an ignition reset.
I'd think he'd need to make changes below 2000 rpm when pulling the cat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts