Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm having a severe brain fart...what are those small sliders that mount to your engine casing? ...and are they any good?

I searched, and googled...but ???

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Woodcraft makes the ones I thing you are refering to, they have removable/replaceable inserts in either stainless or aluminum.

Case covers are something that has plagued my builds, I have yet to settle on any specific make, all have their pro's and cons.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
What are we looking for here^^^^ I see nothing coming close to an engine case cover protector etc...

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is a Curved Piece of Steel in front of the chain. This is actually one of Jordan Szokes old race bikes from last year that a buddy of mine bought to race this season.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Curved Piece of Steel in front of the chain

I think that is the lip for the front sprocket and chain cover my friend, but I could be wrong!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
nope its a piece that was added on after. Someone told me they cut the original cover but it doesnt look like the same metal

·
Registered
268 Posts
It saves the case if the chain breaks. My 08 has one under the plastic one that covers every thing. The thin steal ones like in the pic are stock, In your pic someone has just removed the plastic cover that you usually see. I don't think I have ever seen an after market one for a street bike, but they do make billet alum. one for dirt bikes.

·
Registered
360 Posts
No ideal why it would be there really, doesn't look like its doing much!!
keeps the chain lube from flinging everywhere. I thought about just pulling that piece out of the sprocket cover and mounting it by itself, but didn't feel like dealing with the mess.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Its 9R TO 10R's bike, he took the front sproket guard and cut all that bs off and made it look like that. He liked the GP look but couldnt find anything so he just made his own!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
so you need a front sprocket cover? should be able to find those pretty easily

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Its 9R TO 10R's bike, he took the front sproket guard and cut all that bs off and made it look like that. He liked the GP look but couldnt find anything so he just made his own!
That is not actually mine, mine is a little different, the owner of that bike just removed the outer plastic cover and reinstalled the steel gaurd that is underneath the plastic cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey "9R to 10R" - i found some dirt on your bike, please clean it next time before posting:

Only joking! :crackup::mrgreen::crackup::mrgreen:

·
Registered
258 Posts
"9R to 10R" - why is your front sprocket nut washer not bent over the nut, do you ride the bike like that, not scared that the nut would come off??

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
"9R to 10R" - why is your front sprocket nut washer not bent over the nut, do you ride the bike like that, not scared that the nut would come off??

It is bent over, its just the bottom of the nut in the picture and you cannot really see it. If you look real close you will see some torque marking puddy I snaged from work as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It is bent over, its just the bottom of the nut in the picture and you cannot really see it. If you look real close you will see some torque marking puddy I snaged from work as well.
I saw the yellow markings, but was not sure.

After a track day, while pushing the bike after offloading it, i heard a noise and found that it was the nut that fell off - the washer broke.

Since then i have bought all the washers available from Kawasaki SA (7), because i swap sprockets quite often for track and road riding. i close ALL the sides on the washer i can because i do not want it to come off while riding!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
9r to 10r,what quick shifter are you running?and does it work good?cheers.
Dynojet, and it works awesome, one of my favorite mods. Some brands of rearsets though it is incompatable with, due to its physical size.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts