Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so i took out my engine mount bolt to try and mount some frame sliders and when i put it back in it was really hard to fit and now its almost impossable to take out again. when it first came out it was so easy now its hard any reason for this and how can i fix it?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Had an issue recently where i was riding and the goddamn engine bolt was coming out. Nut worked its way off the other side and when i went to get on the back brake there was a giant bolt covering it so when i mashed down - no brake:eek2:. (My bad on the pre ride check!) Anyway, pulled over and tried to push the bolt back in about and inch and i think it may have tweaked a little and bent just slightly cause when i tried to turn it to help it back in it was really difficult for half a turn and then easy for half. You coulda tweaked that bolt somehow.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Ummmmm car or MC jack under the engine? Need more info - shifted how far? Pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like if it did shift its only by like millimeters. But the bolt is in now the problem is it wont come out.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just installed the Shogun sliders on my 06. It was a leap of faith to simply remove the long engine bolt, but it came out pretty easily. If needed take a lone, slightly thinner punch, bolt, what ever, and push from the other side.

After reading the directions, iirc, I think I decided to put the new single threaded rod in with the other bolts still tight, then did the other two bolts. It was a pita to tighten the new nut because the head was too big. So I tightened it, centered it, and tightend the other one to the torque setting.

If needed take it back apart and try the original bolts.

I did not need to do it, but it seems that you can jack the engine back into alignment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did you take off the fairings? im scared ill break it when un clipping the clips i got an 06 too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts