Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went hiking this w/e with the wife and some friends at Enchanted rock. Just thought Id post some pics from the trip! It was alot of fun but my calves are pretty sore!

First the grille shots!

and some wall paper from the top of the rock!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Well ain't that special! a hike in dem thar hills wit hillcountry. :badteeth: ya never offered to take pics with me on our walks. :sad:

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yall are too funny...:rolleyes:

:zx_blk:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nice pics. Have you whitened your teeth?LOL Just kidding

·
Registered
371 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Well ain't that special! a hike in dem thar hills wit hillcountry. :badteeth: ya never offered to take pics with me on our walks. :sad:

BD
....he just took you there with some some cocktails and tried to steal your milky creamy goodness:lol: ....dirty boys...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Cool pics Hill but it looks like your wife was not having a very good time. Reminds me of my outdoor excursions with my wife!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hi Hill,

First of all, thanks for those pics...I can see your shoulder has not fully recover (1st pic) :eyecrazy:

Secondly, I loves your wife's boring expression...:lol:

What you need now is a horse...damn cowboy...:wink:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Alex31 said:
Hi Hill,

First of all, thanks for those pics...I can see your shoulder has not fully recover (1st pic) :eyecrazy:
Actually its pretty good...I didn't really notice till you pointed it out, but I know I carry it a bit different now...

I guess I just got used to it in the sling, so I hold it higher than the other (was my right shoulder) but thanks for noticing. Im working out now with weights, and building muscle on it every day!

In this pic you can see the scar...not too bad!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Actually its pretty good...I didn't really notice till you pointed it out, but I know I carry it a bit different now...

I guess I just got used to it in the sling, so I hold it higher than the other (was my right shoulder) but thanks for noticing. Im working out now with weights, and building muscle on it every day!

In this pic you can see the scar...not too bad!

Hi Hill,

Glad that you didn't take my comments the other way. I also have a few fracture bones so I'm alway concern how my posture is... one of the main fears is my pelvis that has 2 fractures. Although I may seem to heal almost 85%, but I will feel the sores & pain after a serious workout. Doing some roundhorse kick also prove a little harder for me now...:sad: . I just hope that my legs will not have different length when I grow old.... I saw one of my friends have such problems....after 20yrs b/c of accident.

Ahhhh...I like this pic, I believe you serve her well last nite before the morning shots.. :lol:

J/K

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
monkeyberry said:
so guys... for us non mericans... would you class that area as what was know as "the wild west"... where in the states is that?
lol...

That is in the Hillcountry of Texas...Central Texas. It is pretty rough terrain f'sho. Heard people say, "If its in Texas it will either stick you, prick you or bite!"

But I dunno if Id consider it the wild wild west or not.

This is the website... http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/enchanted_rock/

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok give me a quick history lesson... what is the wild west? im rather far away in darkest africa.... (also got a black Z) (we do have tar roads here)

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok...

The "wild west" is what people had to concour to get to California during the gold rush. Also at one point, all you had to do was find land and fence it and it was yours. Just everyone moving west to find land to farm and ranch.

Much of it is/was desert with not much water, Indians, snakes, cactus, bandits...

So really I believe it was more of the unsettledness of the land that was such a issue.

But as I said before, the country is very rough here in Texas and very hot. Over 100 degrees often, and high humidity so it feels even hotter! Even now if youre not prepared and get in the backcountry you could be in a lot of trouble f'sho!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts