Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opening the garage doors I am confronted by a very unfamiliar space where the green machine took pride of place :confused:

It had to go unfortunately, since at the age of 76 , despite everything else still working, my hip decided not to support me any longer and with extra hospital delays for anything like this due to covid, there is no real light at the end of what is likely to be a very long tunnel

Buyer viewed on Saturday and rode off on Sunday, :rolleyes:

He was a friend of mine, so at least I know my bike has gone to a good home 馃憤

I'll still check in here for a while though, the bereavement process will need to run its course and I enjoy reading about all your exploits and you never know, I might even be back one day with another Kawi !, stranger things have happened I'm sure 馃槑

Registered
If there was an dislike button i would click it. Sorry for your loss

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Registered
Gutted for you mate, seriously there's not much worse than the realization you can't ride anymore. But as touched on above and although i am not sure how i would feel about it but a trike may offer some compensation.

The Pace
The hip causing ache while riding would be a problem. I recognize similarities here, but for different causes. Wife was hit with several problems about a year ago. Main illness is lack of balance, like cerebral palsy starts-stops. But several other diagnosed issues. I'm the only provider/care backup source; and she can't drive or everything do much of anything inside the house. Plus with property that needs constant tweaks and care and a strong good shepherd, too much for her condition. So...not riding as one of us has to remain healthy.

I keep starting the bike several times a week. BUT, may have to follow your lead. Life is indeed based upon intelligently made choices.

Take care!

REPOST Enforcement Mod
That's a shame for sure. I'm sure that time will come for us all, but I think I'd rather just park in the garage to admire it as a decoration. I wish you well with your hip and a long fruitful life ahead of you! 馃

FYI - as a previous former ZX-10 owner, you're still welcome on this site whenever you can! ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thanks to you all for your kind comments . Its two wheels only for me I'm afraid, never really understood trikes . A high performance motorcycle is a step too far right now, but I'm actually still managing to cycle short distances and even thinking of an ebike, so not all bad :)

Thank you Sky, I will check in here for a while yet. I may even have a positive contribution to make occasionally ;)

Hope your situation improves soon Scout and you're back on "the loop" again (y) We just don't realise the extent of other peoples problems. Ride safe everyone :cool:

Registered
To Renais: Sir, First let me salute you for your courage in riding a sportbike all these years. your post gave me huge encouragement as I turn 60 and have been riding sportbikes since 2000. minus my teen years on the DT250. I ignore all my pain after riding long distances which due to Covid are very restricted these days. Please stay in touch with this community. I am new to this forum and this is my 4 superbike (2018 ZX-10R). Every time I get a new bike, I think, perhaps this would be my last one, however, I plan on riding sportbikes until I cannot flip my leg over one or I fold. Thank You again.

Registered
ZX10RR
I wish I'm still riding when Im 76, doubt ill even live that long if anyway. Props to you !

Chairman of the Board
Sad to hear. You are looking into a hip replacement I'm guessing? My Mom had one last year at 91 years old and does miraculously well with it as she now at 92 still lives on her own. All my best wishes for you man. Just gonna throw this out there because its what I have done, but have you tried karting? It at least scratches a tiny bit of the need for speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts