Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive googled a little and searched here, did bump an old posting. Figured Id just ask, is there a site or place I can input my VIN and see what model I have? its a gen2, looking for us/euro, emissions, ect type info. Any info would be a great help. Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"This VIN number does not have any recall information available. " is all it says. I did try looking around their website but couldnt seem to trip over anything which is odd.

but in the parts section I see this, Im assuming that means CA emission? reason I ask because I sold my bike to a member in CA and was trying to get some info for him.
PARTS DIAGRAM - FUEL EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM(CA)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
"This VIN number does not have any recall information available. " is all it says. I did try looking around their website but couldnt seem to trip over anything which is odd.

but in the parts section I see this, Im assuming that means CA emission? reason I ask because I sold my bike to a member in CA and was trying to get some info for him.
PARTS DIAGRAM - FUEL EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM(CA)
CA does mean California model. Just make sure there isn't multiple FUEL diagrams shown as the parts diagrams usually cover all models.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah even when i go in yr,mk,mdl. it still only show the (CA), what i listed. So how it seems to look is if I only put block offs on,I didnt mess with any emissions anyway??? try to be sure anything I did would effect the emissions out there

And as far as I know they only offer Euro and us spec? they didnt make 3 models? is there a VIN digit to say which it is?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me ask is there a label other than the federal emissions tag that would state any of this info? can anyone in cali owning a gen2 maybe have any info?? thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
They did make a California-only model and a 49-state model for the US for that year. The California model has extra emissions gear in the form of an evap canister. This includes a couple of extra lines going to the fuel tank to capture fuel vapors and such.

As far as I'm aware, there's no special digits in the VIN that would identify this specifically. You should try calling your local dealer and see if they can look up the details via the VIN number in there system. Or maybe try calling Kawi customer service. :dontknow:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Oh, and by putting block-off plates on, it did bypass the emissions system. That's the only reason the reed valves and air valve are there. If you didn't remove the evap canister though, that should still be there - IF it's a California model.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
yeah i just did block offs. did send the sensor,covers and hoses with the bike. I put the pipe and such on and cant remember a canister, Gonna try kawi i think. buyer was told it was a euro model aswell??

but im sure it may be possibly find the used evap parts and put them on the bike? if its just hoses and such. just trying to dig up some info for him as the CA seems to be a pain in the ass!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Not sure of all the concern? Are you guys worried about doing the transfer to CA during state inspection?

As far as I know CA does not do emissions testing on bikes unless they started do it now. Here in AZ we did emissions on bikes for years and just stopped a couple of years ago. Even then nothing ever failed even with everything removed.

Just threw out all this crap a couple of weeks ago after collecting dust for a long time.

PAIR valve, Evap Canister and the cat in the link pipe would be the total
of it all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes I sold my bike to a dude in CA, he had some emissions questions i couldnt answer. very unfamiliar with. pm'd the post link so he can chime in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts