Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elena Myers, age 14, was seriously injured Sunday when she crashed her Kawasaki ZX-6R during a WERA West weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway.

Myers is hospitalized with a lacerated spleen and a concussion. She also suffered a burn on her leg as a result of being trapped under the crashed motorcycle until emergency crews arrived.

JJ

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Thoughts and prayers for her speedy and 100% recovery, keep us posted if possible JJ, we see alot of these and never find out what happens with the injured long term.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I heard that she was under the bike for about 5 min. before they got to her.

hope she recovers quickly

Bad weekend for Buttonwillow Raceway. A rider was killed on Sat. during a practice session. He highsided and landed on his head.

http://www.littlebigracing.com/

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
after being hit at home, god be with her for sure.....

I know i am praying every night for all of us out there.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Elena Myers, age 14, was seriously injured Sunday when she crashed her Kawasaki ZX-6R during a WERA West weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway.

Myers is hospitalized with a lacerated spleen and a concussion. She also suffered a burn on her leg as a result of being trapped under the crashed motorcycle until emergency crews arrived.

JJ
damn, that's crazy, hope she's doing really well, or she's going to be ok.
didn't realize such young kids now a days are racing ama with 6r's.
next Danica P. but on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I rode with her in few sessions on April 21 at Buttonwillow with Hypercycle (meaning was passed by her). Im so sorry to hear about the accident. She is a great rider at her age and being a female. I hope she mends fast and gets back to riding.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You mean this kid "girl" is only 14...w0W!!..shit, that's awesome...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Found this from yesterday afternoon

This just in:

In a phone call to Roadracingworld.com Monday at 3:30 p.m., Elena Myers reported that she is currently at Kern Medical Center but may be released as early as Tuesday morning. She also reported that it took an ambulance about 40 minutes to transport her from Buttonwillow Raceway to Kern Medical Center, and that her friends told her that she was prone and under her crashed bike for about five minutes (at least two laps) before the race was red-flagged and an ambulance crew dispatched to help her.

Her phone call interrupted by a move to another room, Elena Myers called back at about 3:45. "I feel pretty good, my knees are sore and my arms and my ankle hurt, and I have a burn on my leg from being caught under the bike," she said. "I'm doing fine. I'll be at (the AMA National at) Infineon (spectating) next weekend."

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
wow is all i have to say.... i gotta start my son early...

5months old and he has a pw80..
next year a go kart...

by age 5 a shifter cart/pocket bike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts