Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
If one replaces the OEM electronic damper with a manual version, does it turn on a light on the dash? Is a plug required and if so, who offers them? Thanks
YES the Trouble light will come on for the ESD. A couple solutions.... 1) take the end cap off of the ESD and keep it plugged into the harness. 2) Buy a eliminator plug to fool the ECU. 3) ride with the light on. (This may put you in limp mode though) 4) revalve the ESD. Like all Kawasakis, the OEM steering dampers have ZERO valving. Unlike Ducati, or Aftermarlket Ohlins dampers, Kawasaki refuses to actually put any valving in. Send it to an Ohlins dealer such as Dan Kyle and get it revalved for $100. 5) Buy the race ESD kit. But see #4 above. In my case, I did #1.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
987 Posts
Yes it will cause the bike to throw a code. From what I understand people usually just keep the motor that the harness plugs into somewhere on the bike and ditch the rest of the dampner. I don't mind the factory dampner so I leave it on but most people seem to find mad fault in it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Followup question. Came across this solution which seems tidy. The author states that removing the motor will turn on a warning light on the dash but does not cause the bike to go into a limp mode. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,632 Posts
Followup question. Came across this solution which seems tidy. The author states that removing the motor will turn on a warning light on the dash but does not cause the bike to go into a limp mode. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks
There's no "limp mode".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to confirm, disconnecting the stabilizer motor from the ECU will have no affect other than to turn on a warning light on the dash? Thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts