Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Electrical problem

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  slav 
#1 ·
Okay... Soldered a 06 tach plug onto my 05 harness which is not good because the heat that goes through the wires can shorten things out... Bike doesn't start and the only fuse that was blown was the ECU fuse. Does anyone have a 05 10 wiring diagram? Or anyone know how much damage may have been done? Also, how can I read the f1 light?

I unplugged the battery after all this as well as the ecu and other things.

please help!

#2 ·
Is there a wiring diagram in the maintenance manual? I think it should and they are hosted on the sight and you can have a look.

#8 ·
Changed the fuse and still nothing. I disconnected everything hoping to discharge any power and too out the fuses. Without the tach connected the bike should it turn on from what Remeber, would any miswiring do the same when it is connected?

#9 ·
Should run ok with the meter disconnected...I'm not sure what kind of problems you would have if it's miswired, it will depend on how you messed up...Check and make sure all wiring is good and check for shorts and short to ground if all is ok then you probably smoked the ECU

#12 ·
I am finishing up my bike and trying to clean it as much as possible. I will have a write up of everything I have done and how I did it with lots of pictures soon. Maybe sometime next week when school is done. Too much going on t
Right now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.