Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my bike got a yellow warning light as I was riding. I’ve seen the light come on before if I stall and then start it really quickly, except this time it didn’t stall but I was down shifting really aggressively. So when I came to the stop light I shut it off and tried to start it back up, and it wouldn’t even crank (in first with kick stand up and clutch pulled). I tried a couple different combinations and was finally able to start it in neutral with the kick stand down. When I got it home I conducted some experiments to see what conditions would let it start now and which wouldn’t. So the bike will start only if it’s in neutral now, and under no circumstance if it’s in gear. I also got the code for the warning light and it’s for the electronic steering dampener not being able to communicate with the F1 ecu, but my repair manual says it could also be cause by an issue with the starter cutoff switch, which plugs into the back of the clutch lever, and that would explain why they bike doesn’t recognize when I have the clutch pulled in to start it. I checked the ecu to make sure it was plugged in correctly, and it was. I checked fuses in location 1 and 2. My next step is checking the starter relay which the starter cutoff switch goes to, or at least that what I’m understanding from the wiring diagram. Does anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts