Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's the symptoms I noticed while riding home tonight after a long day of riding:

1) Headlight varied in intensity. It would be brighter then dimmer, switching every so often between the 2.

2) ABS light started blinking which according to the manual means low voltage. I stopped, shut it down, restarted and light stayed off the remaining 40 miles home

Any thoughts besides take it to the dealer?

TIA!

·
The Pace
6,945 Posts
Gotta be some loose connection.

Only funny thing I notice is that the battery always sounds a little weak on startup. Always starts but I'm still not used to it and will ask a tech guy what he thinks. Sure he's heard a few of the g4's start.

In your case, better ask the tech to sort it out. Probably will call up Kaw and they'll tell him exactly, as they have already had a couple like yours.

better mention that mine does not have abs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New symptoms, FI light turned on twice with FI code, both times within a mile after a warm start. Both times I shut it down rolling, restarted, light went away and stayed off for remainder of ride.

Off to the dealer I go before I get stranded somewhere!

·
Registered
582 Posts
New symptoms, FI light turned on twice with FI code, both times within a mile after a warm start. Both times I shut it down rolling, restarted, light went away and stayed off for remainder of ride.

Off to the dealer I go before I get stranded somewhere!
What code did you have?

·
Registered
582 Posts
i'm guessing he didnt check that on his rolling restarts lol. i'm interested in the issue as well, wondering if dealership will say its a normal fault or something specific just to the bike
:mrgreen:
I am hoping Kawasaki had solve the stator / rectifier issue that affected previous gens... My 2007 burned two stators and rectifiers and I am scared to hear tha a gen 4 had this issue.. :rolleyes: Please nooooo !

·
Registered
399 Posts
Said FI on the display, but while rolling I didn't get specific. Without a tool is there a way to display historical codes?
to check the code, turn switch to on then click the left top instrument button to show the odometer miles, then hold both at once and and error code should show:thumbsup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update (BTW mine is an ABS model) I tested bike with a multi-meter. Battery reads 12V. Turned it on and reading was 13.5V and did not rise much if at all with more throttle. The Service manual specifies 12.8V battery only and 14.2V running minimums.

Another symptom I forgot to mention earlier, the turn signal decided to go on a non-regular cycle a couple of times.

I DID discover a kind of loose positive battery connection. I tightened it down and am putting it on a trickle charger overnight. It's still under warranty I just don't want to be without the bike for however long it will take them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts