Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm riding a '04 ZX10R and have read abt the generator issue...My question is,
1) if the rotor rubbed against the stator, won't it get shorted?

2) If i measure the battary and shows that the voltage are O.K (engine running, and is charging), can i take it as the generator are ok ?

Sorry as i'm not good in electrical stuff..pls enlight me....:wink:

·
Registered
792 Posts
If all seems well, don't worry about it. When it fails, you'll know. It apparently makes a nasty grinding whining noise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thks for the info....
the problem is in s'pore repairing of bike is VERY expensive and i mean VERY EXPENSIVE....., especially if engine needs to be change......:headshake

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I sold a bike once due to worry of engine failure despite never having an issue. Still regret that sell to this day. You typically hear the worst on the internet. For every few that you read a report of a problem, there are hundreds that'll never have a problem. If the bike is running well and not making any new noises, pin the throttle and enjoy the ride. :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sold a bike once due to worry of engine failure despite never having an issue. Still regret that sell to this day. You typically hear the worst on the internet. For every few that you read a report of a problem, there are hundreds that'll never have a problem. If the bike is running well and not making any new noises, pin the throttle and enjoy the ride. :cool:
Thks for the advice miykl, yes, i do enjoy the bike even i know the potential problem...juess i'll just have to save up change to a 05 generator.....:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts