Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 07 ZX-10, i currently have: my gps, XM radio, Radar, mini amp, alarm,and 18 amp air horn. I am sure i am at about 20-22 amps, or 275 watts if i honked my horn. I wanted to add auxilary lighting to the tune of 110 watts. Can my bike handle this? I have all of my electronics off of their own fused circuit but wonder at what point i am going to overload my bike. (honk my horn with aux lights on)

Does any one know the output of our bikes?

Thanks!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
what the hell man. i just ride my bike. i thought installing a radar detector wouldve been enough of a distraction. tell me you often take long rides and ill understand the gadgets.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm installing a radar detector, radar screamer, have GPS, heated vest, PCIII, HID low beam, and heated grips. So far no issues but you're gonna do more than I have. Buy a voltmeter...you'll know when you have too much shit running.

·
Registered
779 Posts
holy Best Buy........

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lucky10r really? well a gps is for directions, it uses... forget it. thanks for the reply =)

hesaves0211why would i have to take long rides to enjoy a radar detector, or gps, or airhorn or music?? i do in fact take long rides. i participate in many iron butt association rides such as documented "bunburner 1500's", 1500 miles in 36 hours, the "sadle sore 1600's". 1600 miles in 24 hours, and "sadle sore 2000", 2000 miles in 48 hours. i have done a few of these on my zx-9, and now am on my 3rd on the '10

joshuazx10yes, a goldwing is made by honda.

drain fade knowing what im runing is easy, knowing what my electrical system can handle is the question, thats what i am after.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hesaves0211 its not a distraction at all. they are tools. they are as much of a distraction as an airconditioner. did i mention my gps/xm radio also uses blue tooth and i can make hand free calls on my bike? its great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
drain fade can you tell me how many watts/amps your vest and heated grips use? If you dont want to look it up you can tell me what models they are and i will look them up myself =). as far as the HID's go, they use less power then the regular.

edit: saw in your sig. looks like your grips could be up to 100 watts if were on full, and the vest is at 45 watts, so maybe 10amps, 12 max. As far as our radar, gps, and radio.. we are looking at maybe 2 amps max really.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
hesaves0211 its not a distraction at all. they are tools. they are as much of a distraction as an airconditioner. did i mention my gps/xm radio also uses blue tooth and i can make hand free calls on my bike? its great.
what i was getting at is when most people ride their bikes they enjoy the sound and feel of it. esp the sound which keeps them in tune w it. i couldnt imagine listening to music. i have enough worries when it comes to other idiots (other than myself) on the road, the last thing i want is to be caught off guard because im singing "closer" by nine inch nails or something. to each his own. just be careful and happy riding :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
what i was getting at is when most people ride their bikes they enjoy the sound and feel of it. esp the sound which keeps them in tune w it. i couldnt imagine listening to music. i have enough worries when it comes to other idiots (other than myself) on the road, the last thing i want is to be caught off guard because im singing "closer" by nine inch nails or something. to each his own. just be careful and happy riding :thumbsup:
and how could you pass up the sweet music the 10r makes :headshake

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
"I want to f-ck you like an animal...OHHH SH!!!!!!!T !!!!!" :badteeth:

·
Registered
724 Posts
drain fade can you tell me how many watts/amps your vest and heated grips use? If you dont want to look it up you can tell me what models they are and i will look them up myself =). as far as the HID's go, they use less power then the regular.

Take a look at this post:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49264&highlight=wattage
I asked the same questions ;) My vest sucks 35 watts and is the real sucker of everything I run (Aerostitch Airvantage). The grips are like 3 watts on high I think. If you want to know exactly what your bike can handle you need to figure out the running load that your bike puts out. Personally I don't have the time or patience to do it, I just installed a voltmeter and watch it when I crank on all my crap. I try and take it easy (not running it all at the same time) but have bought items that don't kill the system either. I'd highly recommend AGAINST aftermarket lights, that will kill your charging system. Remember it's a street legal racebike and the stator/R&R is not built to take a ton of abuse. Install an HID kit for lighting...I'm very happy with mine and it's given me wattage for other things so it's a double bonus ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Take a look at this post:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49264&highlight=wattage
I asked the same questions
i saw your other thread, and thats its 31amps at 14v. thanks. thats what i was looking for.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
"I want to f-ck you like an animal...OHHH SH!!!!!!!T !!!!!" :badteeth:
EXACTLY, that song will always get you in trouble. ohhh and imagine if youre listening to "enter the sandman" which carving through the twistes...holy shit youre done son!:helmet:

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
if your bike has all that kind of (IMHO USELESS) SHIT, then what about your car ?
i bet it has a sofa, a table, some disco ball, a karaoke, dj booth, pool table, and a dildo!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts