Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I like the quick shifter also, but if you are looking for a true shifter my prefferenc is the electric type. I've had both. The electric is more of a hassle to set up, but once it's done there are no more worries. plus it's much ligher that an air shifter. Air shifters can have leaks, need to be refilled....... One plus of the air shifter, if you run nitrous, you can run both off a single bottle. But, when you run low, bad shifts can occur. I vote electric.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the Quickshifter, it works right off your PC3USB.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That is all that I see if air shifters. I'm suprised that more people don't run electric shifters. They don't take up as much room as an air shifter and seems to be lighter also. If I was you, I would get the electric shifter.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
electric for road racing and air for drag racing... the electric can keep shifting and shifting where the air shifter has to have a compressor or a way to fill the air tank. as for leaks.. thats only going to happn in a poorly set-up shifter. I had 120 lbs. of air in my air shifter all winter one year. it would drop a little with temp but then come right back up when It was warmer.

I have the quickshifter with the satos as well and I have to tell you this is the absolute best way to go overall IMO. It took me a while to get used to it but now it's just as fast as with an airshifter for sure and it requires you to cut not one single wire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts