Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

which brand of electric razor is better?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been using them for a while now. every now and then i break out due to ingrown hairs and what not but nothing serious, my face has gotten conditioned to them. my dilema:
i currently use a norelco model which ran me just short of $90 and it sucks ass. it must take me several minutes to shave, id be better off saving time and using an actual razor:headshake. i once owned a remington which got the job done but after a ride back from ny on my 10r, the little razor found its way out of my back pack and landed itself somewhere on rt81 south in PA (so if anyone finds it please return it:thumbsup:).
my question:
which brand or model to go with and which to stay away from?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Had a panasonic wet dry for years, was a nice unit.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I bought a Norelco about 6 yrs ago. I was tired of using str8 edge razors. Well that freakin Norelco would nick me up and not give me a good shave. This went on from day one. I even thougt hmmm the blades must be a bad set and went out and bought others, but nope the same thing. I don't remember which model it was since it was long ago, but I remember at that time they were coming out with the digital displays which I thought damn that's cool - haha. Needless to say about 2 weeks later I went back to straight edge razors and never turned back... I'm a white guy with black in me tho I swear. Just saying that b/c most of the time even with using Nivea products to smoothin up my face before shaving then conditioner afterwards I get them red bumps on the kneck that can last all day - zzzzz

I only had one experienced _Norelco but if there's something sweet out there I would try it. Otherwise I will stick to my Schick = )

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well my Norelco puts out more HP and TQ at the blades then anyone elses so there you go!!!!! I really think any descent electric shaver will do.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I use the Panasonic ES8078s wet/dry electric and it works awesome. I have thick facial hair and every other electric I have ever used shredded my face like a cheese grater or worse yet ripped the hair out instead of cutting it. I would recommend it for anyone who has tried an electric in the past but wasn't happy with the results. One of the biggest things with an electric is to use good shaving creme since it helps the shaver head glide over your skin while cutting the hair.

·
Registered
805 Posts
i like how in a thread asking which electric razor to use, most people feel they need to chime in and talk about using a regular razor.....

anyways, I have had a couple phillishave and they arent too bad, my newer one has a button with a built in gel to help moisturize(sp?) and its washable, had it for about 5 years now...starting to bug me when I shave now tho (never replaced the blades so Im sure thats why)

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I've used the Braun and it works well, but a Mach3 Turbo bladed razor is better and faster. If I'm running out the door in a pinch I'll throw the Braun in my tankbag, but usually just blade shave.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think I have the norelco. I got to where I don't even use the razor part anymore. I just use the sideburn trimmer and keep a constant 5 o'clock shadow. Heck, sometimes I just don't shave at all... for days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts