Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, long story short a deer ran out and I ended up having a get off. Pretty low speed and I was wearing all my gear, I'm fine, I'm more pissed about the bike.

Bike took damage on the left side, scraped the engine cover, broke off foot peg and quick shifter and some plastic damage.

My question is, how difficult is it for me to put on another quick shifter and left side foot peg assembly?

The engine cover and gasket seem straight forward enough and I can deal with the plastics.

What say you guys? 20190526_151933_1560272222568.jpg
Screenshot_20190611-125926_Gallery_1560272379352.jpg

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, but it could have been much worse. I have been there trust me.

It's pretty straightforward to replace the shifter linkage and peg assembly. Not too sure about the QS, but it can't be that hard provided that it's just the linkage that's broken and not the QS itself. But even then it can't be too much more than remove and replace. I'm sure someone with knowledge will chime in soon

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about that, but it could have been much worse. I have been there trust me.

It's pretty straightforward to replace the shifter linkage and peg assembly. Not too sure about the QS, but it can't be that hard provided that it's just the linkage that's broken and not the QS itself. But even then it can't be too much more than remove and replace. I'm sure someone with knowledge will chime in soon
Thanks, I am grateful it wasn't worse.

Sigh, I miss riding.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, here's the list of parts they want to replace, on there is a bearing needle? What the hell is that?

20190611_142453_1560277697173.jpg

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
that's what insurance is for. nothing to worry about. don't forget to add your gear to your insurance quote for replacement and if you didn't ding your helmet, go ding it and get a new one while you're at it

the saddest part of this all is that you didnt get to take home free deer

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what insurance is for. nothing to worry about. don't forget to add your gear to your insurance quote for replacement and if you didn't ding your helmet, go ding it and get a new one while you're at it

the saddest part of this all is that you didnt get to take home free deer
I never thought to claim my helmet and gear, thanks! I just called the insurance company and am now waiting to see if its covered. Helmet did get dinged and also my cardo packtalk got broken, dainese boots took a hit as well. One thing I can say is I am happy I had pads in my leather jacket, my shoulder took the brunt of it and I basically got away unscathed because of all the safety gear.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, usaa doesn't cover any gear. Oh well, was worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Well the good news is your good right:wink:

the needle bearing on the shift shaft output will be getting replaced in case it got damaged when the shift rod took the hit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the good news is your good right<a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/icon_wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" >:)</a>

the needle bearing on the shift shaft output will be getting replaced in case it got damaged when the shift rod took the hit.
Is the needle bearing something I can replace or is it a pain in the ass?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In truth all though i have had a look there's probably nothing wrong with it.
Thank you for taking the time to reply Michael I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Well, usaa doesn't cover any gear. Oh well, was worth a shot.
Seriously? That's a bummer. Progressive covered my gear at replacement cost, I was surprised and also thrilled. I'd recommend everyone check on their plans to see what is covered. It saved me a good thousand dollars in replacing all that stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts