Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's true...Edwards has been talking to Kwak and he'd take Ant West's spot (he's riding like shit this year). That would mean a 100% American squad in MotoGP...pretty sweet if it happens.

P.S. I'm still a Rossi fan BUT I still root for the Monster Kwak team as well ;)

·
Registered
971 Posts
That would be interesting. I rate Colin as a development rider.

I've been EXTREMELY disappointed with West.

He rode so well last year to get the factory ride and now he's sucking!

What bothers me most, is his ability to turn around and bad mouth his ride... He did it with KTM. Time will tell whether he does it to Kawi.

But back to Edwards, that would be very interesting... Though, if he stays on present form, I can't see Yamaha cutting him.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
But back to Edwards, that would be very interesting... Though, if he stays on present form, I can't see Yamaha cutting him.

No shit Colin has been very quick this year, he just can not put it all together for the whole race.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Has Anyone noticed that Hopkins isn't exactly up there either this year? Just want to point this out as I think Kawasaki haven't got the bike right this year and that is why both West (more so) and Hopkins are at the back this year. Look at Hopkins on the suzi last year, he was doing much better on that, as was west on the Kawasaki.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Isn't Nicky Hayden's contract up this year? We should try for him. I think he would be a better developement rider, look what he did for honda. Even though he has to take a back seat to Pedrosa's spoiled little ass.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Isn't Nicky Hayden's contract up this year? We should try for him. I think he would be a better developement rider, look what he did for honda. Even though he has to take a back seat to Pedrosa's spoiled little ass.
I read somewhere that Ducati is interested in Hayden and they've even had talks.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I read somewhere that Ducati is interested in Hayden and they've even had talks.
I wouldn't blame nicky one bit for looking at ducks, i would. Has kawi switched over to pnumatic valves or are we still using springs. Thats what made the big diff. for yamaha. Honda never intended for nicky to be thier flagship rider and they have made that very clear. Especially when his teammate rams him when he is in contention for the championship. If i were Nicky I would look for a team that was going to put forth the greatest effort to back him as a flagship rider or an equal.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
That woudl be good for Colin

·
Registered
910 Posts
Maan... I like Edwards too much to see him struggle on a crap bike like the Kawi...

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a kawi man right thru the bones, but let's face it. The MotoGP bike is crap.
Kawi has spent more money, and made a bigger effort than ever on this bike, and still they can't deliver a proper bike for Hopper to ride. He's a good rider, and should be up there, at least top-5.

West on the other hand... Well... :rolleyes:

I love Edwards! He's out there riding his heart out every session. He's always got a smile on his face, and always waves to the crowd and pops a wheelie.
When we were at LeMans a couple of weeks ago, only one rider waved to the crowd and wheelied after every single session. And that was Edwards.

He's also a extremely loyal teamplayer. His experience and knowledge has been extremely valuable to Yamaha (and Rossi) in the past. And now he's up there fighting with the factory guys on the Tech3 satelite bike.

It would be heartbreaking to see him back in 18th position, struggeling with a crap bike....

·
Registered
614 Posts
What bothers me most, is his ability to turn around and bad mouth his ride... He did it with KTM. Time will tell whether he does it to Kawi.
Would you blame him this year though? The bike is a POS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts