Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Edwards going green ?

I hate to say it, but why would a solid rider who consistently places in the top 5 even consider coming over to green ? Hopkins made the move, and I suspect is now regretting it - the continual mechanical breakdowns and lack of any meaningful headway with set-up must be frustrating the hell out of him !

Don't get me wrong - I'm an avid Kawi fan for 30 years. I just don't think Kawi have a bike that's anywhere near competitive with the top boys - in MotoGP or WSB. Face it, a top 10 finish is the best we can expect in either class for 2008 and probably 2009.

And you think Edwards would be silly enough to leave a top team for green ?? I'd bet my bike he wouldn't !

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
And you think Edwards would be silly enough to leave a top team for green ?? I'd bet my bike he wouldn't !
You never know!! But i hope they do so you can send me your bike! do You want my shipping address now or when the deal is done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
maybe some day kawasaki will get a young blooded rider in there not some NOT even has been (Hopkins) or a guy who should stayed in SBK (edwards)

where the hell did they pick up West anywhere? he is a damn back marker

·
Registered
45 Posts
nuff said part 3!! Best of both worlds..:lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:
If Edwards does go green, I hope he does better than Hopper, and antwest........ GO GREEN!!!!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
it may be his preferred brand according to the photos but Kawi sucks balls right now in moto gp so i don't think it would be a smart decision career wise

·
Registered
620 Posts
it may be his preferred brand according to the photos but Kawi sucks balls right now in moto gp so i don't think it would be a smart decision career wise
I would go so far to say that Kawi suck also in WSB, and if it wasn't for Jamie Hacking in AMA, Kawi would have sucked there too..I'm still going green though.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think he is pretty loyal to yamaha but at this point in his career if the green(money) is good, then green is the way to go.

·
Administrator
6,718 Posts
I think he is pretty loyal to yamaha but at this point in his career if the green(money) is good, then green is the way to go.
even more loyal to his tires, which aren't stones

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I don't think it would be a. Good move for Edwards. Let's face it kawi has never really done well in motogp. I don't know if its because they don't put the r and d money into there bikes or what. I would like to see kawi step up there game though in motogp.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I hate to say it, but why would a solid rider who consistently places in the top 5 even consider coming over to green ? Hopkins made the move, and I suspect is now regretting it - the continual mechanical breakdowns and lack of any meaningful headway with set-up must be frustrating the hell out of him !

Don't get me wrong - I'm an avid Kawi fan for 30 years. I just don't think Kawi have a bike that's anywhere near competitive with the top boys - in MotoGP or WSB. Face it, a top 10 finish is the best we can expect in either class for 2008 and probably 2009.

+1...Kawi is behind for racing...For street they are there but street is street and race is race. They have a long way to go.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you look though Kawi has about 2 good weeks of development of the ZXRR for Hopkins he's been broken the whole year. Also I don't believe colin is loyal to anyone except those loyal to him. and according to him he is very Happy with the Yamaha bunch, but make no mistakes about it he wants to win races in this point in his carear and will do whatever he thinks is nessasary.And I couldn't dissagree more about his performance in MotoGP. Give him a break he's always played second fiddle and still is getting podiums. He's racing the best of the best. look at Nicky, you'd thought he'd never won a race much less a championship the way people treat him now! Colin is a GREAT racer,and will always be a hero of mine.For me its more about the race and not the win and no one puts on a beter show than the Tornado!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Totally agree with you on that one Edgeflyer. Edwards commands respect as one of MotoGP's longest and most talented riders, and as you say he's still up there on the podium whenever he gets the chance.

My original point remains - why would a guy with that much talent and potential even consider changing from a top Yamaha team to 'Green' when Kawi is just so far off the pace in terms of a reliable and competitive bike ? That goes for both MotoGP and WSB series - face it guys, we're destined to rank outside of the top 10 in both classes for some considerable time I'm afraid.

Loyalties will be tested as we languish at the very bottom of the manufacturers' standings in both classes ! I guess there's always Motocross ... ?

·
Registered
530 Posts
you can't force me into reality I love my dream world. My opinion is that with people like Jeremy burgess and top riders like Rossi watching is that while we see poor results they see a very competitive bike that is missing one piece of the puzzle. I know it sucks but I'll keep holding on. If they don't get it right by the end of next year I'll fly out and fix it myself!:bs:

Damn did I just throw the BS flag on myself?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was for sure hoping for better results from Hopper but he has been beaten up all year and with the bike malfunctions all that just adds up. I can't believe that we only have Ant to root for right now. He is just not getting it done. He is almost like Marco is to Ducati right now. And then there are the rumors of Marco going green.....I don't know. Kawi needs to buckle down and get all the bugs worked out. Either consentrate on handling or speed for now.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
At least Kawasaki spending mulah now on top riders to develop their bikes, time will tell Kawi will be on the top again :2cents: :wink:.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts