Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an ECU off of eBay and had it mapped by Dynotronics for an '05 (following a bunch of mods, race exhaust, stacks air fliter...). The original one still works in the bike, but the remapped one does not. The fuel pump doesn't activate as it usually does when the key is turned on.
Is this because each ECU is paired with a specific key set? If so, can this be disabled/worked around?
The easy solution would be to send back both ECUs for comparison, but the shipping cost from here is triple the price of the ECU (#%^)...last option only.

Any ideas?
:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If you just want to get your fuel pump working....Just get a 12volt relay and run power to fuel pump using one of ignition wires as a on and off switch...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Recently bought an ECU off of eBay and had it mapped by Dynotronics for an '05 (following a bunch of mods, race exhaust, stacks air fliter...). The original one still works in the bike, but the remapped one does not. The fuel pump doesn't activate as it usually does when the key is turned on.
Is this because each ECU is paired with a specific key set? If so, can this be disabled/worked around?
The easy solution would be to send back both ECUs for comparison, but the shipping cost from here is triple the price of the ECU (#%^)...last option only.

Any ideas?
is this a Euro bike? If so the immobilizer on the euro models is probably not configured to your key.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
^^^ Says in the service manual

"If the code does not match, ignition system, injectors, sub-throttle valve actuator and exhaust butterfly valve actuator will not operate and the engine will not start"

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Also, the US models do not even have the immobilizer code in the actual ECU that is why EURO and USA models have different ECU numbers because they are programmed differently.

If this is the case "thegreencobra42" I would suggest selling it to someone in the US or you will have to swap out some of your electrical system to make it work on your bike, this could be possibly just the ignition set or it could be a harness, I would have to check part numbers :-/

·
Registered
906 Posts

Any ideas?

If you have a EU bike and a US ECU you can disable the immo BUT you need to activate the US antitheft system,which is a a +12V feed to an ECU pin via a resistor ( I don't remember by heart the Ω resistance) but I can look it up...

Then you need to unplug the immobilizer plug...

This way I think it will probably start... :dontknow:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, the US models do not even have the immobilizer code in the actual ECU that is why EURO and USA models have different ECU numbers because they are programmed differently.

If this is the case "thegreencobra42" I would suggest selling it to someone in the US or you will have to swap out some of your electrical system to make it work on your bike, this could be possibly just the ignition set or it could be a harness, I would have to check part numbers :-/

Does the serial number plate provide the info as to the origins of this bike (EU or US)? Not sure where she was born...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Does the serial number plate provide the info as to the origins of this bike (EU or US)? Not sure where she was born...

The point is to identify if it has an immobilizer system or not...

If it has an immo then you have to unplug it from the main ignition switch and put a resistor on a pin that is currently being unused.

The thing you can't plug'n'play both ECU's,you must wire the bike for the one or the other...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me not being a master at electronics, if I unplug the immob system and the rest that you said, is this reversible if I need to revert back to old config?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts