Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a cheap or free software out there that I can use at home to tune my bike? I was trying to get the woolich one but they say I need to buy their stuff to get the software free. Is there a free one out there?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm afraid not. You can't just connect your ECU to the internet via a USB cable and start flashing away. The Woolich system appears to be one of the most affordable ways to flash your own bike. I understand from the friend who flashed mine that maps are downloadable off the internet but he had to buy all the Woolich equipment first and learn how to use it. The Woolich software is what actually allowed him to turn off our fuel cut and de-activate the reset on the traction control etc. but he did pull our derestricted fuel and ignition maps off the internet so that his Woolich system could upload them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. TuneECU worked great on my 07 Triumph Tiger 1050. I didn't mess with anything in the maps since the tune I downloaded was for a bike like mine that was de-restricted. I just removed the options for the AIS and O2 and the speed limit. The fuel cut off delete was a god send. That was so annoying I thought the bike was broke and it was going lock up the wheels and kill me. It should be illegal to cut off fuel at highway speeds. I was hoping there was something as easy for the Kawi. Lighting doesn't strike twice. But I know of at least 2 guys with zx6's and one r6 that might want to use that tuner if I get it going. Might offset the cost for me if go with woolich.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts