Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! First off i want to say sorry, im sure this question has been answered a zillion times but i did a quick search and didnt really find exactly what i was looking for just part of it.... And im also working on the bike right now so its just quicker for me to post and try to get an answer before i tear into it....

ANYWAYS!!! I know the stock ecu kind of tunes itself.... ive already cleaned the baffles out and have noticed a big difference... my question is will the ecu take up enough slack if i clean the cats and pull the secondaries"???? Just one or the other?? How far will it really adjust before it just wont anymore?!.. Thanks for any help ahead of time.!

·
Registered
946 Posts
if it is the model with an A/F sensor, then it has limited tuning.....if it is earlier models, then no.
Most of the tuning parameter are dictated by air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, and MAP sensor.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Dont think the ecu is gonna do enuf anyways...Its best to get it on a sniffer just to see...It maybe fine at lower rpm where ram air doesnt affect anything but as the speeds increase then it may lean it out to much..Whos ta say only one cyl is rich or lean to so..
I dont know for sure but i think that even with a slip on and nothin else i think thats the limits of self tune by stock ecu..
Hell off the show room floor most bikes could use a pc or bazazz to tweek it some..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya.... i really really want a pc but its gonna be alittle while before i can make it happen........

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
you need a pc and a tune regardless, even bone stock all bikes are tuned like crap in the usa as they're neutered to make emissions standards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts