1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
"Search button"

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
All op has to do is a search on ecu flashes,lotsa threads about it.Enough reading to keepem busy for a week

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yours is a 3rd gen right? I wouldn't say you would gain very much on a 3rd gen, a reflash mainly just unleashes a lot of power on a 4th gen. I wouldn't say it would be worth the money really for any but the 4th gen. But I may be wrong
I have read it increases midrange and top HP, though not as dramatically as the 4th gens.

Also removes timing retardation, removes fuel cut off at closed throttle and removes harshness of engine breaking, increases rev limit and removes max speed limiter.

Go here for more info.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97685
Thanks guys, İ will read up on the link provided also...repped.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Search button"
All op has to do is a search on ecu flashes,lotsa threads about it.Enough reading to keepem busy for a week
İ know how to use a search button thank you very much. İf you have nothing useful to say please say nothing at all in a thread. İ couldn't find anything specific for a gen3 in search that is why İ have made a thread asking for it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It advances the timing in the first 3 gears and opens up the secondary butterflies earlier and longer. You still need to do a custom fuel map on a PC or Bazaaz. You could get pretty similar results by taking out the secondary butterflies and using an ignition module.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
It advances the timing in the first 3 gears and opens up the secondary butterflies earlier and longer. You still need to do a custom fuel map on a PC or Bazaaz. You could get pretty similar results by taking out the secondary butterflies and using an ignition module.
It does more than that. And no, you don't "need" to do a fuel map with a PC as the base fueling is modified in the reflash. Along with the top speed increase, rev extend, and off throttle fuel cut elimination. For the money to reflash, it's way more cost effective to get the reflash done than to get a PC , SFM, ignition module, and dyno time. HP gains aren't anywhere near the Gen 4, but it's still a significant amount.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
İ know how to use a search button thank you very much. İf you have nothing useful to say please say nothing at all in a thread. İ couldn't find anything specific for a gen3 in search that is why İ have made a thread asking for it.
Some people get annoyed faster than others.. Personally I haven't seen much about re flash on the 3dr gens but apparently somepeople have. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just got my ecm back recently from Guhl and on the short ride home from where I stored my bike for the winter it didn't seem all that different than before the flash. I guess I'll have to wait til I get a longer ride in to see if I wasted my money.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got my ecm back recently from Guhl and on the short ride home from where I stored my bike for the winter it didn't seem all that different than before the flash. I guess I'll have to wait til I get a longer ride in to see if I wasted my money.
thanks for the info..looking forward to hear if you make gains

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had mine done by Dynotronics.With my yosh pipe it turned into a monster.Yet extra smooth on-off the throttle.Whole new bike.Add -1 +1[or 2] gears and quick throttle and off you go..very quickly

·
Formerly sportin'
127 Posts
Had mine done by Dynotronics.With my yosh pipe it turned into a monster.Yet extra smooth on-off the throttle.Whole new bike.Add -1 +1[or 2] gears and quick throttle and off you go..very quickly
I had the same done: flash, full system,air filter, block off plates, gearing and throttle :eek:ccasion1

The biggest improvement was the throttle reaction and mid range. It's a very fun bike :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
It does more than that. And no, you don't "need" to do a fuel map with a PC as the base fueling is modified in the reflash. Along with the top speed increase, rev extend, and off throttle fuel cut elimination. For the money to reflash, it's way more cost effective to get the reflash done than to get a PC , SFM, ignition module, and dyno time. HP gains aren't anywhere near the Gen 4, but it's still a significant amount.
:+1: Basically it gives you all the feautures of the race ecu (on some occasions ever more), but all the values are set, you can't change them. The map provided does not nesessarily means it's the optimum for your engine, but close enough. You will feel the bike faster, epsecially down low.

So flashing it + an accurate map is the way to go.

EDIT: You can get the simple flash, or the race ecu flash where to you are able to change the parameters yourself just like the race ecu.

(For the cost we EU people have to send the ecu to get flashed and come back from US, maybe you could find a used race ECU+harness. You save your original ECU and have all the adjustability you want. Or send your ecu to an EU flash dealer for any type of flash you want-Italian i think).

·
Registered
250 Posts
My ECU is back from ECUnleashed.

First point. The difference in power isn't the "OMFG THE BIKE IS SOOOOO MUCH MORE POWERFUL" feeling I was hoping for. That being said I have an Australian Gen 3 and we are less restricted than the US models (correct me if I am wrong), so I can't blame the flash for that.

That being said I do feel that my bike now:
Has more power down low.
Has less engine breaking.
Surges less when opening the throttle.
Pops less on deceleration.

Overall the bike just feels a little more nimble, though it could possibly all be in my head. I will get my bike on a dyno to verify what my bum dyno is telling me.

Would I flash the ECU again. Yes. It isn't a world changer but the bike feels more responsive and seems to perform better. All positives plus not having to rely on piggyback systems makes it worth while.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yours is a 3rd gen right? I wouldn't say you would gain very much on a 3rd gen, a reflash mainly just unleashes a lot of power on a 4th gen. I wouldn't say it would be worth the money really for any but the 4th gen. But I may be wrong
With a stock bike or mostly bolt ons yeah, you're probably right.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank you for making this thread, I have been searching for hours now to see the benefits of reflashing an 08 but havent been able to find anything. Cant wait to hear more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts