Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike 2014 10r with 109 miles. Came with r77d yoshi pipe with cat-delete. The exhaust servo cables are gone, servo is still there and I don't see a servo buddy. My question is my bike DOES NOT get FI light so does that mean my ECU was reflashed? My bikes traction control goes to 1 every time ignition is turned off.

Lastly, I live about 60 miles from Guhl Motors but I'm thinking Zbout buying Woolich Racing software. If I go with the WR setup will it allow me to reflash my own ECU easily and do the same as Guhl would do?
Does it come with data logging software so I can tune my own bike? I'm not real computer savvy so is the WR software easy to learn and tune?

Thank you for any and all info you can share or help me with. I'm new to this whole tuning stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought my bike 2014 10r with 109 miles. Came with r77d yoshi pipe with cat-delete. The exhaust servo cables are gone, servo is still there and I don't see a servo buddy. My question is my bike DOES NOT get FI light so does that mean my ECU was reflashed? My bikes traction control goes to 1 every time ignition is turned off.

Lastly, I live about 60 miles from Guhl Motors but I'm thinking Zbout buying Woolich Racing software. If I go with the WR setup will it allow me to reflash my own ECU easily and do the same as Guhl would do?
Does it come with data logging software so I can tune my own bike? I'm not real computer savvy so is the WR software easy to learn and tune?

Thank you for any and all info you can share or help me with. I'm new to this whole tuning stuff.
If the servo is still there, I believe that bike is unflashed. Woolich products are top notch, and require basic skills to get it done. Plus for the gen 4 woolich offer the race tool package that includes quick shifter, launch control and pit limiter functions.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I bought my bike 2014 10r with 109 miles. Came with r77d yoshi pipe with cat-delete. The exhaust servo cables are gone, servo is still there and I don't see a servo buddy. My question is my bike DOES NOT get FI light so does that mean my ECU was reflashed? NO, probably NOT reflashed.

My bikes traction control goes to 1 every time ignition is turned off. See above.

Lastly, I live about 60 miles from Guhl Motors "Lucky Guy"

but I'm thinking Zbout buying Woolich Racing software. "that's what I would do"

If I go with the WR setup will it allow me to reflash my own ECU easily and do the same as Guhl would do? "Yes and a lot more"

Does it come with data logging software so I can tune my own bike? Yes that's an option you can buy extra.

I'm not real computer savvy so is the WR software easy to learn and tune? That's hard to say if your not real savvy.

·
Registered
145 Posts

The FI light would only be triggered if the servo box was removed so not seeing the FI light doesn't mean it was reflashed.
(I mean it could've been but this wouldn't be an indicator of it)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If your not going to race the bike and your computer skills are not so great go with the Guhl flash its simple and works great. Woolich is awesome but takes a bit of time to tweak it and get it right.

·
Registered
461 Posts

Welcome!

It does not sound like your bike is flashed.. since the servo motor is still there you won't get a fi light. as soon as you remove the servo motor you will get a fi light unless you go into the ecu to disable it or get a servo buddy disable... with woolich flash you can remove the server motor completely and then disable the fi light from coming on along with alot of other things like traction control will stay at the last setting instead of reverting back to setting 1 every time.

I just got a woolich kit with log box and autotune acouple of months ago and so far i love it... it was pretty simple to install and I would recommend them... :grin2:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Talk to Anthony at Modified Electronic Motosports aka zx10archer on this sight to get info on what will suit your needs. There are many variables on the reflash from basic to engine braking available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts