Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read a bit about it and it sounds like there will be a new, pure, buell out on the road at some point. Im kinda interested about how it will stack up against current competion

·
Registered
763 Posts
Pretty interesting. Looks like his non-compete agreement with Harley is up this month, so maybe we will here something positive soon?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Quick question.. The 1125r was released in 06? Why the hell couldn't it have looked like this back then? Same motor, same frame but it looked like a rolling abortion. Prolly a good part of the reason that Buell isn't a company anymore, Christ, the CR looked worse. Who ever styles his bikes should have his fingers broken.

·
Registered
541 Posts
From what I read. It is because HD had the final say what Eric Buell was able to put out.
I've heard that as well, but a few things don't wash for me. At the planning meeting with HD "You can put fuel in the frame and oil in the swingarm sure. But if the body work doesn't look like a bloated '98 TLR we are pulling the plug!" EB would have had to sign off on it, it makes no sense.

·
Registered
541 Posts
There is a good interview in the Jan. 11 sportrider mag with Erik Buell. If you have not read it here it is. http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_1101_erik_buell_interview/index.html

Quote From there.
He should not have signed off on that design. It almost seems HD wanted him to fail. I get pretty pissed about this as I'm a Buell fan, I hope one day to do up a custom X1 Lightning.
The 1125r should have been his crowing glory, an LC non-HD motor in the latest frame with all his theory's on design in one place. But it was rushed into production, with poor fueling and overheating problems and looks that made you want to puke. Just sad.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If that was an option a year ago i might not of had my 10 now
It is truly gorgeous! But if the rumors of a $30-40000 price tag are true, it better be.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Quick question.. The 1125r was released in 06? Why the hell couldn't it have looked like this back then? Same motor, same frame but it looked like a rolling abortion. Prolly a good part of the reason that Buell isn't a company anymore, Christ, the CR looked worse. Who ever styles his bikes should have his fingers broken.
Erik wanted to build this bike but HD did not want a sport bike image, they wanted people to buy the Buell and then as they got older graduate to a full on Harley this is what there business model was built around Erik fought this the entire time he was with HD and this is why they pulled the plug.

I hate HD!.... Erik is a fucking genius! and his innovations prove that, the only down side is HD would only let him build the bike that HD wanted him to build. Erik fought long and hard to build a full fairing bike but HD said NO!

THIS BIKE WAS TO COME OUT IN 2010 BUT WAS KILLED BY HD.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Remind me never to sign a contract with Harley....

·
Registered
80 Posts
If the new bike was out in '09 I wouldn't have my GSX-R1000! The only thing I'm not sold on the single rotor/caliper set up. I hope these can get manufactured in good numbers in order to get the price reasonable. If that happens I may have another bike in the stable...

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I'd be all over that bike for 20-25K if it comes out as is. I dig it in a major way. American lineage in a exoctic sportbike chasis that will perform. I'm buying it in a major way

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Looks great. Glad to finally see some good styling come from Buell, and a true American sportbike that can perform.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the rotor being that big gives it awesome stopping power, and its different from what everyone else has, for the stunters out there im not sure how it will affect the endo/stoppies

1 - 20 of 24 Posts