Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a set of ebc ck street fibers in the gen 4, from hot to cold I have to adjust my lever adjuster almost 3 full turns which is way more than any other clutch pack I've run, anyone know if there is a known swell issue with the ebc fibers? The clutch works great but there's no reason I should have to adjust the lever that far every ride.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thats why everyone recommends stock plates. EBC plates are slightly above garbage. If the ebc plates even work, the consistency is horrible.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They work fine but consistency isn't great. Oem plates don't seem to work well in the gen 4, I've changed out two sets already

·
Registered
166 Posts
It makes sense. The clutch sits high, and its probably hard to get oil to it.

The oem plates are the best we have access to. What do yours look like when they come out? The secret to a decent clutch is getting oil on the plates. Unless they are wet, when they come out, you are screwed. Also, measuring the stack height when you put it together. Just match whatever the manual says. No more, no less. Ive had a hard time ever getting ebc plates into that range.

On every bike Ive had, Ive always removed the clutch basket and drilled it, for better airflow. Its easy to do, and its helped on every occasion.

If you google "drill clutck basket" you will see examples of what people did. I dont go crazy, like most of the pictures. Usually only 4-6 holes, evenly spaced.

Im not sure plates last much longer, but the clutch feels much better.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya the oem plates are usually dry looking when removed, then they begin sticking causing bad downshifts, so far the ebc plates shift great but just drastically change freeplay after about 15min of riding, I guess i can live with that as long as it stays shifting smooth, it's a poor design by kawasaki on this bike.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have an EBC SRC clutch with heavy duty springs. Quite a few trackdays and clutch up wheelies with no issues to date.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts