Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick query: Are the EBC Extreme Pro pads better than the OEM brake pads on the Gen 5?

Vesrah is not an option here and I am getting a very sweet closeout deal on a brand new set of EPFA447HH which as per EBC site fits the Gen 5.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Anytime you get offered a part way cheaper than it normally costs that almost always means that you are finally about to get what you paid for instead of being overcharged for it.

High quality parts are always pricey even on closeout.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP

Can anyone help with the comparo between the stock pads vs EBC Extreme?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
used ebc xtreme pro in my m4 calipers, good pads I would say, same as the oem gen5 pads Im using on my gen4....lot more dust than brembo and dont last as long...

so dont expect long lasting love from them like oem brembo stuff.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I didn't perceive any massive increase in power when I switched from my worn OEM pads to EBC HH pads. However, I spend most of my time commuting on highways so I'm not a good gauge of brake performance. I did some research on the EBC HH pads and it seems the best features are the good value and also that they're very kind to rotors.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
ebc HH and the extreme pro are like comparing apples to a truck....

hh are very bad pad, they only operate well when new, extreme pro are excellent pads.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
the extreme pro's are a race pad and won't as they're supposed to on your street bike. ebc hh would be a better choice for street bike.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the extreme pro's are a race pad and won't as they're supposed to on your street bike. ebc hh would be a better choice for street bike.
Thanks. My usage would be mainly track so guess the Extreme Pro are a good pick.

I have used the Extreme Pro since day 1 on my 650 (crap stock brakes on that bike) and loved them to bits. The OEM Brembo pads havent really impressed me too much on the track so will try the EBCs next month at the track. Will let you chaps know if they were worth the money over the OEMs

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Thanks. My usage would be mainly track so guess the Extreme Pro are a good pick.

I have used the Extreme Pro since day 1 on my 650 (crap stock brakes on that bike) and loved them to bits. The OEM Brembo pads havent really impressed me too much on the track so will try the EBCs next month at the track. Will let you chaps know if they were worth the money over the OEMs
for your track bike they're an excellent choice, for the price, again, ebc is hard to beat. is ebc the best? no. top 5? yes. least expensive? damn near. for half the price of some other options, i run ebc hands down. good initial bite, linear feel, cheap as dirt. my kinda pad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts