Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull my forks and need a front stand. Found one on Ebay for $60, and i was wondering if this is worth it, or is it one of those "get what you pay for" things. Comes with the 5 different pins, so one of them should fit right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coba-Motorcycle-Front-Stand-SV-GSXR-R1-R6-CBR-ZX10-ZX6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3a51a269d5QQitemZ250477701589QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Also anyone know where i can get a fork spring compressor for cheap??

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I bought a cheap one off ebay, but not that exact model... mine works fine so far, yes, one of the pins should fit.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
From the looks of that one, I don't know that I would feel safe lifting a bicycle with it.:spit: Looks really flimsy, the chrome adjustment post look like they are off of one of those 5$ lawn chairs. Use at your own risk, I say anyway.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
well you can try it and then let us know :)
jk.... like 9R to 10R says.. I too find it not too sturdy.
I never had them ebay stands so I cant really say shit about them.. My opinion merely suggests what I can see online.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i see what your saying. I looked through the feedback and the people that purchased it seemed happy with what they got.. It's not going to be on it for a long period of time, just a few hours while i change the fork seals.
I got a jack stand i can put under there for extra protection, just in case..

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Just buy a t-rex stand!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I don't know about that thing... It looks kinda iffy...

I have a cheap rear stand that I got from the local dealer for $60, and it works pretty good... a little flimsy

But I think its more crucial that the front stand be better quality.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I learned my lesson already with cheap stands. Got pitbulls now and love them.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah looks kinda cheap to me.. but I got a rear stand off ebay for something like $40 bucks and its one from T-Rex even though it dont have any T-Rex stickers on it, thats where it shipped from .. it works for what I use it for and hell for $40 ya cant beat it... but if I were you id just spend the extra money and get one that you know will work and not have any problems with... just my 2cents..

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have a T-Rex rear stand and it is 1 million times better than the front stand I bought off ebay. If you get the t-rex rear stand be sure to ask for the one piece unit and not the bolt together... it is the equivalent of a pit bull rear...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
from the looks of that one, i don't know that i would feel safe lifting a bicycle with it.:spit: Looks really flimsy, the chrome adjustment post look like they are off of one of those 5$ lawn chairs. Use at your own risk, i say anyway.
:+1:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am also looking for a stand.. isnt there any stand, that is kind of universal for a number of bikes (sports, cruisers etc), and also that can be used for front and rear? Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts