Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just recieved a Ps3 via ebay, turns out it doesnt work. He paid for it via paypal and is wondering if he can get his money back and if so does it come from paypal or can he get it from the seller? Anyone with experience would be a big help.

:hello:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
File a complaint with PayPal, but only after the seller has refused to make good the deal. Be sure there was no verbage in the auction such as "sold as is" and "no warranty". Check if the seller offered a money back guarantee. In short, exhaust the sellers chances to make it right. Keep all the emails so you have proof. Be polite, state the circumstances, be clear in what you say and expect to happen. If the seller refuses to answer the email, after 4~5 attempts over a weeks time, then file a claim with PayPal. You may be able to recover about 75% of the price paid. Been there, done it. Not happy, but he person was banned by the time I got through with it. Good luck.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Was it listed as new? If so, and it says no refunds, that doesn't make a shit of difference. I have a claim going through right now. Some dude sold me something listed as new, but it wasn't even in the box! I asked for a refund, and he said it was new. I put in a claim with Paypal, and it takes a couple of days, but if he disputes, it gets escalated. Then you can escalate. If he doesn't reply, you win. If he does, then Paypal does an investigation. If you win, Paypal covers the amout you lost minus shipping. And remember if you lose, you have the mother fuckers address on the box that the PS3 came in. I am proablaby going to win my case, but regardless the asshole lives 4 hours away, so I'm going to visit his poor, poor ass anyways! HAPPY HUNTING!

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
ive had that shit with ebay and paypal when a seller shipped me something used instead of "BRAND NEW" as stated.

Guess what paypal said after their "so-called" investigation?

""Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue
a refund. ""

Thats the exact thing they said.
Fuckers!!! So i got the USED part instead of NEW.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Experience also tells me... FIND THA MOTHA FOCKER and beat his ass silly. THAT is your only recourse. PayPal is a fuggin JOKE. almost 7 years on ebay and been using PayPal since it launched... 3 times I've been screwed.

Post the address of the seller and I GUARantee someone here lives in that area. It's been done before! LOL

·
Registered
764 Posts
Always....always....use a credit card when funding a Pay Pal account. If you run into these problems, you call your credit card company and dispute the charges. I know plenty of people who do this when there are problems. Pay Pal won't do much for you so good luck if you didn't use a credit card.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I just switched my funding source on Paypal from checking to a CC. There was a pop up afterwards that tried to discourage me. It stated that I'd lose some buyer protection. I'm slowly trying to pay with money order when possible.

·
Registered
764 Posts
05Zixxer said:
I just switched my funding source on Paypal from checking to a CC. There was a pop up afterwards that tried to discourage me. It stated that I'd lose some buyer protection. I'm slowly trying to pay with money order when possible.
Paypal will always discourage you from using a CC that's because they know that their buyer protection doesn't even hold a candle to what CCs offer you. Think about it, if you file a charge back, Paypal gets left holding the bag to try to recover the money from the seller. And when things go bad like this typically it's because of a scammer. Good luck trying to recover your funds in this situation. I say screw Paypal. Also remember, Paypal isn't even a bank. So it's not even regulated by any of the typical Federal agencies.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ALmost any cc will give you more protection than paypal .American Express much better. CC's also respond faster and reimburse your money withing days ,not months.Dont even try to pay with money orders. There almost no protection with M.O. and its a long process to recover your money in case you can prove that the item came damaged or that it never arrived.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
RaZXiel said:
...Dont even try to pay with money orders. There almost no protection with M.O. and its a long process to recover your money in case you can prove that the item came damaged or that it never arrived.

:+1: Never, ever pay with a MO. Sometimes they "get lost in the mail". Yeah, right, and next to impossible to prove it was received without a return receipt, signature required form. BidPay is the worst and I'm not sure it's still up and running. If they won't take a personal check (with waiting to clear), but only a Postal MO, I steer clear of the auction. I have very few problems with PayPal, but I am very careful on what I bid on. Too good to be true (price), bad rep, no pictures, overseas (software, media), all set of the alarm bells.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So from what you guys are saying he stands little chance other than paypal refunding some money. I think he said he already escalated the issue and had the money frozen? My question is how can the money be frozen, the scumbag probly has the money under his mattress by now?

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Ah, the darkside of PayPal. Unless you close your account, PayPal has essentially free access to it 24/7. Believe me the money is frozen in the account. He can't get to it.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
briscobrad11 said:
So from what you guys are saying he stands little chance other than paypal refunding some money. I think he said he already escalated the issue and had the money frozen? My question is how can the money be frozen, the scumbag probly has the money under his mattress by now?
PayPal deposits the money into the scumbags account, the scumbag then withdraws it from PayPal and removes it from his bank. Money is then gone. Even if PayPal tried to withdraw the money back into their account to process a refund to you, there is no money in the scumbags account, you are screwed. It doesn't matter to PayPl. They get thiers off the top during the initial transaction.

There is no recourse, aside from finding the douchebag and beating his head in. Where does he live? Address? You should have at least that info. People have gone to the local authorities before with mixed results. Some have actually gotten the scammer arrested. It depends on how busy the local Prosecuting Attorney is... The PA in the scammers town that is. If you are out of state, you can pretty much kiss your $$$ goodbye.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
06Neenja said:
Just got my money back this morning + the shipping. And I am selling the item to the other dude who got ripped off.!
That's great News but please post up timeliness like when you paid, received your item, made a complaint etc...that would be the cool thing to do.:wink:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Shit man, ordered 2 weeks prior to March 1, Got my crap about 3 days to March 1, submitted claim on Feb 28, and played volley the dispute. My project STILL isn't finished, and I have to re-order another one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts