Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Ebay rearsets

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Stealth Rider 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My rearsets are ebay ones. They're speedkings and they are the deluxe model with the anodized red/black color combo. They work fine with me, just be sure everything is really tight. I've had a few parts on it loosen up before. Can't say anything as far as how they react in an accident. The link you posted look identical to the vortex rearsets though, not sure how they can screw up :dontknow:

#4 ·
Why do you guys keep looking at knock off crap, when you can get known quality name brand at a better price?

#5 ·
well... the knock-off crap usually is cheaper man. Most rearsets clock in at well over 3 bills........

Except for woodcraft's stuff. There stuff is cheap, and it usually works. :badteeth: And you can get replacement parts without having to speak a foreign language.

#7 ·
...are you looking for flashy, or functional?

...make a list of what you want and ask the site sponsers what they can do for you. sometimes you'll be surprised. Sometimes you get lucky on eBay (or here) and find a set on the cheap. I got my Sato's "used" (and hardly, at that) for less than 250 shipped that way. Just don't hold your breath. :wink:

#9 ·
The woodcraft stuff can be had from the sponsors (or ebay) for less than 200 bucks if you use your stock brake/shift levers. If you get their 3 piece brake/shift levers, it's less than 280-290 I believe (and the lever peices are replaceable!). Woodcraft isn't the best looking stuff around... but it doesn't need to be; it's designed to perform well. :)

Head back? Are you in the Iraqistan or something? ;)

#10 ·
Oh no sorry lol. Back to the track. First time on this bike, but I lowsided it once before and the new zx-10rs have a problem with a week shift shaft and mine cracked and tore up my transmission. I just wanted the non folding peg to hopefully keep it off of the shifter.

#11 ·
I'd give the woodcrafts a go then... that's what they're designed for.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm starting racing this year, and I'm trying to prep my bike in a hurry for my first race (the 5th). The track day previous I was dragging the shift lever and the peg everywhere & tearing my toes up. :) I didn't realize it was going to be that bad (had Sato's on the other bike), and I was looking for a set on the cheap in a hurry. I might have tired those knock-offs, but I didn't want to get caught with my d*ck in my hand waiting for shipping or exchange on the wrong parts.... or if they would work well enough, ya' know? I've -never- heard a bad thing about woodcraft's stuff as far as how well it works and holds up.... and the price is right. :)

G'luck, however you decide to go. If you have a way to get some of the high-dollar stuff on the cheap TN10R, I'm all ears too. :D

#12 ·
Didn't realize the thread had been responded too :dontknow: I got mine from ebay because I got them brand new for half what they normally cost and they matched my color scheme. The peg feels more sturdy, being its a full peg as opposed to the half peg like stock. The shift rod also uses heim joints as opposed to the ball joint. Not sure if that really makes a difference in the feel. As far as adjustments, I never had a problem with stock and set my aftermarkets to pretty much the same as stock.

#16 ·
Is anyone still looking for some rearsets? The zx10r I just bought (04) he had an extra set of attack brand rearsets he had in a box. They are like $450 new, and I surely don't need them for my street riding! Let me know, cuz I was gonna stick em on ebay. If you're interested maybe I'll put it on ebay and end the auction right as soon as you bid... that way we have a protected transaction!

Let me know if you're still looking!

#20 ·
Do you still have those attack rearsets???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.