Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so my rear brake side rear set snapped off last night :dontknow: and im in the market for a replacement, i want to get something adjustable because my foot is not in the right place on the shifter side from the stock rear set anyway, so heres the question.

Has anyone tried out these rear sets off of ebay? both are around 200 bucks wondering if the fit is going to be ok quality?

thanks

here are the two links

price 229 40 shipping so 259 shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REARSET-REAR-SETS-FOR-04-05-KAWASAKI-ZX10R-ZX-10R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0b21999aQQitemZ120445835674QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

249 40 shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawa...8860836QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I can find you name brand rearsets for around that price

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good guys, thanks for the comments, i think im going to buy a replacement stock rear set until i can scrape together enough cash to buy a pair of real rear sets.

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can find you name brand rearsets for around that price
can you show me some brand name rearsets for 250is shipped??

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
I made the mistake of buying rearsets from ebay years ago for my 05. American made but not worth the money, go brand name if you can for quality.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the tip, yeah i just bought a replacement brake rear set for the bike today, and will be on the look out in the for sale section for some aftermarket brand name pieces!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
ive had the ebay sets before too and didnt have one thing to complain about. I do recommend going with a name brand, but if your on a budget and need something soon the ebay sets will work

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
same here, I had a pair of vortex rear sets on my 08cbr1000rr and the left side broke off one day doing a stand up on I95 and I almost lost it bad, had to ride home in 3rd gear lol...But I bought some 225 dollar rearsets off ebay and they never broke,bent or anything and looked thicker then the vortex ones...so I would buy them again if anything, heck for the same price of a nice setup from gilles will set you back a good $500 brand new, I could have two sets for that, bike goes down second one goes on!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow now i am a bit confused... i guess the question is now... who did you buy the rear sets from that worked, and do any of you have pictures of them so i could compare with others i have found on ebay?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that would be awesome,

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts