Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I lowsided at the track. I broke my brake pedal and decided that it was was not worth replacing at $95.96 from the stealership. So I found these little gems on eBay for about $214 including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05-ZX10R-ZX10-ZX-10R-ZX1000-NINJA-Rearsets-Footpegs-/220641510809?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories#ht_9584wt_1028

They are a direct copy of the Sato rear sets, even with the same 7075 aluminum. If I were to have $500 to spend on the Sato's, I definitely would have bought them - please keep in mind that this is for the budget rider/racer.

I received them within 10 business days - not bad for China.

Now, in my mind, rear sets are rear sets if; they can be adjusted, they can hold a gorilla, have replacement parts available, and have no functionality issues.

Few notes:
  • You use most of the stock mounting hardware, including the shift rod if you want to keep standard shipping (comes with a GP shifting rod - which is extended).
  • The brake pedal does not need a spring due to the smooth ball bearings
  • The pegs will try and come loose on you if you don't put lock-tite on the threads, I would also recommend lock-titing the shift and brake knobs themselves
  • There is a support for the stock brake light actuator
  • Easy to install with 3 different allens and a crescent wrench
  • The shift action feels much more solid and satisfying than the stock linkage
  • Yes I know my chain needs to be replaced (and was) after the pictures
  • Milwaukee garbage system sucks

Overall - very happy for ~$215. I don't normally post reviews, but the manufacture of these Sato knock-offs was very helpful, and quick to respond. Would recommend these to anyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts