Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased and mounted one of these carbon fiber ramair tubes from EBAY? If so how was fit and finish. For carbon fiber thats a great price. If any one has any info on this please share.

Attachments

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I was real interested in them as well.... only thing is what are you going to have to do to mount your brackets and speedo cluster???? your going to have to fab something up I supposed but I dont wanna try to drill holes in there and run nuts and bolts to hold it together ya know.... would be nice

ohhh I just looked at the bottom pic and I didnt even notice that they have some sort of mounting tabs there..... I say go for it! I just bought a ram air duct and bracket for 72 bux shipped though so Im out on that one.....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Where is the link?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
ok i guess, i just font see the purpose
The factory ram air tube is notorious for cracking cause its cheap plastic and is supporting pretty much the whole front end. The carbon fiber tube will take care of the cracking issues.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The factory ram air tube is notorious for cracking cause its cheap plastic and is supporting pretty much the whole front end. The carbon fiber tube will take care of the cracking issues.
I realize that, but with most parts that look like they are great, fiberglass covered with carbon, are extremely strong, but can also be very weak and prone to cracking. I would have to see this piece in person.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
...read the guy's feedback. Not a lot of yamaha folks are happy with his carbon fiber. A lot of fitment issue with the bodywork too.

It's always worth looking into if you're going to drop some cash. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Does anyone have a link to these? I can not locate any on Ebay.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyone ever order one of these? I like the yoyodyne piece, but not sure if it comes with mounting tabs for the cluster, and dont want to hack it up to make some... plus they want 60 bucks shipping to Canada... makes it a pretty pricy piece. Are these piteck ones worth the cash? Thanks!

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Anyone ever order one of these? I like the yoyodyne piece, but not sure if it comes with mounting tabs for the cluster, and dont want to hack it up to make some... plus they want 60 bucks shipping to Canada... makes it a pretty pricy piece. Are these piteck ones worth the cash? Thanks!
I haven't ordered the ram air tube but I did order some other Carbon Fiber parts from Pit Eck and it was such junk I made em take it back. The CF isn't real Carbon Fiber, at least not what was sent to me. It was Fiberglass with a top coating of carbon or some kind of carbon look.

The pix on ebay look much better than what you get.

JJ

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
I haven't ordered the ram air tube but I did order some other Carbon Fiber parts from Pit Eck and it was such junk I made em take it back. The CF isn't real Carbon Fiber, at least not what was sent to me. It was Fiberglass with a top coating of carbon or some kind of carbon look.

The pix on ebay look much better than what you get.

JJ
:+1:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Im with JJ. I had a set of thier bodywork for an 03 600rr. It was cheap and the quality was that also. I bought for the price and expected low quality. The point is that you get what you pay for and from them you still kinda get screwed on quality. Oh well I learned my lesson.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
How long did the stock one last? Mine lasted 60k kms before it broke, i've got it fixed with rivits & aluminum but for <$100 u can order the stock piece from the dealer, just a thought.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i wouldnt. guy here in town with an '04 10r bought their muffler and it came apart in less than a month. being stupid, he bought their race body work, when he dropped the bike off his stand the left side shattered!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts