Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start things off, I've been leeching off the info you guys (and gals) continue to post up and am really grateful to everyone. I've learned a lot about my newly purchased Gen 1 from you guys, and figured that I ought to contribute a little to the forum as well. :thumbsup:

My first bike was an 01 SV650, after a month of riding, I purchased a set of Pazzo levers and loved them. When I upgraded to a 99 R1, I got another set of Pazzo's. Liked them a lot more than my buddies Vortex levers, and could not really afford anything else. When I moved to a 05 636, I saw these Pazzo knock-offs on eBay and decided to give them a shot. When I received them, I was pleasantly surprised that I could not tell them apart from my original Pazzo's, and at $50 they were less than 1/3 of the price.

Recently acquired a Gen 1 ZX10R :hello:, and decided to upgrade the brakes after a few rides. After reading a few threads, the first thing I ordered was an 07 ZX6R MC ($55 shipped) and a matching 07 ZX6R clutch perch. I wanted to change out the levers, so I ordered a set of these pazzo knock offs to match (07+ ZX6R) for a total of $40 shipped.

Seller name: the2wheels
Ordered: 06/01/11
Delivered: 06/15/11

Here's what was inside the box:

Each lever was shipped in a separate cloth baggie, separated by foam, and wrapped in bubble wrap.

Here they are on the MC and clutch perch:

Here they are on the bike, install took minutes and was pain free:

Some people mentioned that there were instances of these not being machined to spec and not allowing the MC to open all the way, causing the brakes to lock eventually. After bleeding the brakes, I sat for a good 5 minutes compressing the lever (at least a good one hundred presses). If they were gonna lock, I wanted it to happen while I wasn't on the road. They were great.

Also got a set of CBR1K calipers w/ 5mm shims and EBC HH Sintered pads. A buddy donated some steel lines, so now my front set up should be in check :mrgreen:

Hope this sheds some light on the subject. These are a fraction of the cost of original Pazzo's. I understand that some people will still gravitate toward the brand name original, guess to each his own.

Sorry for the long post.

EDIT: Took the bike out for a spirited ride and DAMN this thing STOPS!!! Literally one finger braking now. Nothing to do with the levers of course. They are doing their job well never the less. Great thing about shorties is that when you go down, they never touch the ground, but I guess for $40 (price of one OEM lever lol), it would be fine even if they did. China wins on this one guys.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Another vote for China. I've ordered 4 sets of knock offs for different bikes from ebay seller "firedragonbrothers" or "firedragonbros"... something like that. They've always looked awesome and fit perfectly. Even better than oem levers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got the same as you, black on black shorties, from the same seller. They arrived during the week and I fitted them the other night, so far so good and a bargain price too. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
should I make a list of confirmed sellers and bike models in the original post? i'm sure not all china levers are great, do you think that would help future buyers? if so, post seller name and bike model.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Another vote for China. I've ordered 4 sets of knock offs for different bikes from ebay seller "firedragonbrothers" or "firedragonbros"... something like that. They've always looked awesome and fit perfectly. Even better than oem levers.
Im with you guys on these levers. The2wheels is definitely the business. However do not get his integrated tail lights. They barely light up when brakes are pressed. But delivery is fast...

I will add my 2 cents on these as I have had them on 4it bikes now. I have ASV Levers now cause I got a new set for a smoking deal. But these knock offs have a slow transition. They are a tad fatter in the fingers. And the index pull point on the clutch side isn't quite the pivot point forcing you to move your hands down the grip more ... they are however every bit of lever as all the others. Even pazzo

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Im with you guys on these levers. The2wheels is definitely the business. However do not get his integrated tail lights. They barely light up when brakes are pressed. But delivery is fast...

I will add my 2 cents on these as I have had them on 4it bikes now. I have ASV Levers now cause I got a new set for a smoking deal. But these knock offs have a slow transition. They are a tad fatter in the fingers. And the index pull point on the clutch side isn't quite the pivot point forcing you to move your hands down the grip more ... they are however every bit of lever as all the others. Even pazzo
Oh and if you have caliper problems drill out the hole for the actuator a little deeper. Fyi

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
just curious, but what do you mean with this? :dontknow:
the small brass piece on the lever that the MC pin goes into, thats what actually presses brake fluid into the lines, sometimes that brass insert is too shallow.

I also have the ebay levers and love them

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
that would allow that little peice to come out further correct...cuz i was having my zx14 m/c lock up on my gen 1...the lever fit quite tight, so this may have been the issue ?? hmmm good info

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that would allow that little peice to come out further correct...cuz i was having my zx14 m/c lock up on my gen 1...the lever fit quite tight, so this may have been the issue ?? hmmm good info
correct, it allows for full travel of the pin on the MC

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dunno, if they are any lighter, the diff. is a few ounces at best. I like them for their ergo's more than anything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts