Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I ordered a complete set of fairings for my girls GSXR off ebay, I get the package and receive everything cept for the front fender, ive emailed the guy and and he says hes gonna send it out to me, but its been 3 weeks, and we live in the same freaking state, what do i do? file a dispute? call paypal and tell them i didnt receive the item? i mean, come on, i know its just a front fender that im missing here, but i paid 1200 bucks for the set. how can i go about this?

thanks
jb

·
Registered
537 Posts
here's some dates to keep in mind:

07 days after payment: Seller can lose PayPal Seller Protection if item not shipped by this date.

10 days after listing close: First date to file with eBay, and have not heard from your seller. Consider pulling seller's ID info and phoning him/her if emails remain unanswered.

30 days after payment: Last date for seller to ship without violating FTC rules. (If no earlier date was specified in the auction)

20 days after payment: Seller can lose PayPal privileges if widget not sent by this date

45 days after payment: Last date for buyer to file a claim with PayPal (the claim must have been preceded by the filing of a dispute via the PayPal Resolution Center)

60 days after CC invoice: May be last date for buyer to file with credit card company

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called my bank(Wachovia), they were gonna put in a dispute case and they said they will investigate, does that sound right? I didn't know what to tell them when they asked if i received the item. I received half of them, now he doesnt respond to me, so when they asked, I told them I didnt get my item (which is true, I didnt get what I paid for right?)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If you file a dispute on Ebay, they will send a notice to the seller.
The seller then has a few days to respond and if it is not resolved they will act as the mediator between the buyer and seller. From my dealings in the past, Ebay was helpful and responsive. Paypal will also refund any less than amicable transactions but it does take some time.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
file the deal through ebay. they will help you a lot in trying to get what you paid for. paypal backs it up too, so they will if no one else does. but i would go through ebay first.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Also, when you file thru the bank they will contact the seller....he has 5 business days to respond to the dispute or they reverse the charges. I run into this at my work, scumbags trying to stop pay on bank cards. I have to respond in 5 business days no extensions no excuses. I have not had one reversed yet but they are always BS excuses. Good idea calling the bank.

·
Registered
93 Posts
p.s I posted 2 replys in 1 day...Im on a roll!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just go thru paypal, they rail the seller, I know for fact you'll get your money or your part asap !
They don't f*ck around..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts