Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a vid from 88HAWAII who no longer rides a ZX10R. But in this vid he did and brings up an interesting issue that I was wondering about.

And no... I didn't drop mine like he says.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What's the issue???

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have noticed mine and it makes me nervous. I removed some of the side stand like bd said yesterday but didnt have enough time to finish so I am going to take some more off today.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks BD, Leraned something new today. Is this inherent to GEN1, or does it happen to GEN2? I was not clear on what the issue was. The guy talked about a couple of things and honestly, ensuring proper intallation, cleaning, and lubing the side stand is part of the Preventive Maintenance I perform when I wash both my bikes. Learned my lesson when my EX500 dropped on my leg the same day I was selling it. The bolt holes in the frame, holding the side stand were elongated and stripped.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I believe both Gen's have the same issue with the bike being very upright so addressing the stand as i described allows it to rotate farther forward in somewhat of a locking position and the bike will lean just ever so slightly.

BD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts