Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of anywho in the eastern NC area by Raleigh? Even personal Joe-Shmoes I may consider. I'd like to throw some JE turbo pistons, carrilo or falicon rods, thicker gasket, head, port, valve and cam work with an under-cut tranny...want to up the boost on pump and stuff up to 300 steeds in the stable efficiently.

Just a feeler for the time being, maybe a spring time job once my budget it stable- just moved here from NJ.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey what's up bro? Welcome to NC. This shop is very good. He does a lot of builds here. I also know a guy here in Fayetteville that does some good work. I will stop by the shop and get his card and post his information.

http://www.rcsperformanceonline.com/category_s/23.htm
Feyettenam ha? Thanks for the :welcome: what's the name of that place. I'll have to scope these spots on. I got some other work I need to tend to in the meanwhile...my speedometer is all screwed up no matter what I do, that's another story.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I can hook you up with a buddy of mine. If he can't do it he definitely knows a guy... he's built a bunch of fast turbo and nitrous Busas. Where are you living in NC now? We'll be riding some today most likely and definitely Sunday you should come out.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I can hook you up with a buddy of mine. If he can't do it he definitely knows a guy... he's built a bunch of fast turbo and nitrous Busas. Where are you living in NC now? We'll be riding some today most likely and definitely Sunday you should come out.
Id like to crunch numbers with him, just to get a cost ball park on what I may have to explain to the wife in time to come.
I'm out in Goldsboro, living on Seymour Johnson AFB. You know where that's at? I got plans Sunday but well have to meet up sometime.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I will hook you guys up. I ride with this guy all the time so I will ask him today for you.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will hook you guys up. I ride with this guy all the time so I will ask him today for you.
:thumbsup: sweet, you know what im packin under the fairings as is, the build clutch basket, stock internals, no additional cooling...i hope he knows kawi's

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Anyone know of anywho in the eastern NC area by Raleigh? Even personal Joe-Shmoes I may consider. I'd like to throw some JE turbo pistons, carrilo or falicon rods, thicker gasket, head, port, valve and cam work with an under-cut tranny...want to up the boost on pump and stuff up to 300 steeds in the stable efficiently.

Just a feeler for the time being, maybe a spring time job once my budget it stable- just moved here from NJ.
We have built quite a few of them..We are about 30 mins south of Charlotte,NC..give us a call..803.285.8093

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I would talk to redline on the board here he had dwayne (cycleconcepts) build his motor and he had some big issues before. Ive seen nothing but good out of cycle concepts. I have a set of mtc turbo pistons for the zx10 for sale if you need new pistons. I'm going to have a set of CP'c made being I'm going to try and make some were near 450hp. The mtc are new and have rings for them new also. PM me if you need them

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

:welcome: Welcome to NC. Can ride almost year round down here!!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am in Greensboro NC. Although i have pretty much closed the shop i can build it for you if you to help you out if can not find anyone else to do it in the area. I'm in Greensboro. Also i have a buddy in Greensboro Jeff steel that is great with Zx10s he drag races a Zx10 and has a shop where he specialized in 10's. He also used to own a turbo 10 he built.

My e-mail is [email protected] if you wont to talk about some options.

PS. I might be seeing you on base my future wife just joined the air force and is leaving for cots next may so i have no idea where she will get stationed.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bugman, good to hear. Well have to meet up sometime. :)

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would talk to redline on the board here he had dwayne (cycleconcepts) build his motor and he had some big issues before. Ive seen nothing but good out of cycle concepts. I have a set of mtc turbo pistons for the zx10 for sale if you need new pistons. I'm going to have a set of CP'c made being I'm going to try and make some were near 450hp. The mtc are new and have rings for them new also. PM me if you need them
Droppin the money at the moment isn't really in question due to my current finances and holidays but if you're offering a steal on those pistons I may have to be proactive haha with that said how much are you asking?

·
Registered
905 Posts
there is a guy in morehead city, nc that is very reputable on the street and track. He takes the motor apart, puts whatever parts you supply in, ensures that everything is running and synced right, just doesnt tune bikes. All for $500. If youre not too handy with tools, its a steal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts