Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to wire up my radar detector on the bike.
I got a "quick wire kit" for the detector that essentially has a bare pos and neg wire.

I thought about just jambing them into the fuse box, but maybe I should be a little more classy than that.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I dont know about the current load , but your headlights come on with the ignition, could be a good place ??

·
Registered
609 Posts
Running Lights

Tap into the running lights.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would not tap into anything directly. Spend $ 40.00 on a relay driven fused power source that connects directly to your battery. Run the wire under the frame by the tank up to the front. You'll save yourself many possible problems for a small amount of money and have a source for future accessories.

Several of our threads on installing a radar detector recommend ones and show very complete pictures of how to do it. I installed my Veypor timer/accelerometer using the directions in one and it went very quickly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
do not "tap" into power. its bad practice. use a relay, and to go to your battery, or an auxilary fuse block off your battery. there is a thread on exactly what you want in the how to section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts