Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea yea i know its a 10R forum but i know a lot of you also own the 10's siblings. Also when i visited zx6r.net the last posting is from around 2015 lol.

I have a 03 636, the radiator is a little beat, not bad but lots of fins are pushed in or smashed, the horn bolt came off once and the horn dangled for a while during a ride and beat it up as well. Anyway, i thought id see if i could swap with a GenII/05 06 636 rad?? I know i have a fan switch on my rad which the 2nd gens do not - i dont think id have a problem wiring up a switch for a GenII rad (have done it before) but then it would only come on when i manually switch it on. Not sure how the 2nd gen fans get switched on. Any thoughts?

Im just thinking the 2nd gen rad could be a upgrade, especially if i can find one will less beat in fins and i can find them much easier as well as cheaper than my 1st gen 636. Ive read that it bolts right up as well yet the fan may need to be fudged a bit with some spacing of some kind possibly. I might also try adding a 2nd fan to the current beat up rad thats on there with a manual switch.

Just thinking out loud here. What say you? I'll also be surfing some zx6r sites i used to be on and dig for some info. Thanks.

Also - any tips on how to do a extra good flush would be helpful.

·
Registered
993 Posts
they get switched on via the ECU.

i run dual fans on all my road bikes.

I also run a 2008 zx10r rad on my 00/05 zx6r bike, it runs really cool

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response man. So you're saying threw a GenIII rad on "00-05" or "a 00 and a 05 6r"? Either way it has me thinking.... Im game for putting ANY rad on that will fit and is larger and yea, ive been lazy about the 2nd fan thing but am probably gonna try to do dual fans on both of mine. Shoulda done it long ago!

So, anything switched via the ECU instead of a fan switch - id be okay to just wire in a simple switch and fuse just like anything else right?? I dont see a prob with this, its how ive wired lights, etc... Anyone?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a Gen 3 Zx10 rad on my 00 Zx6r with an 05 6r motor in it
:eyecrazy:

Preciate the info Jake! Had to read that a couple times lol. Wow so you have a 00 zx6r that was once carb'd and is now fitted with a GenII 636 with a Gen3 10r rad. Purty sweet! Those old early ZZR bikes werent bad looking back in the day, especially in green.

Random thought: I may also try seeking out zx7r rad's, etc... Although id think something from a bigger bike would be better.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The curved rad of the 10's is very complimenting.....04-05 rad is smaller then the 08-10...........06-07 is same size as 04-05, but had better fin spacing design for less overheating issues.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gonna bump this for further discussion. I may bite on one of these in the near future. I hate to order anything from China...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Coo...250471?hash=item3b0d6bf967:g:56IAAOSwSw5a~RuL

....and it seems the only other one is the Skywave

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminium-...473890?hash=item41e73dfe22:g:p0gAAOSwo4pYQOQ7

unless i wanna try to wait a used one out that isnt all busted up which doesnt seem likely to me. And yea i guess im gonna try to find one that will have a home for the fan switch just so i dont have to spend time rigging any more than needed. Thoughts? Opinions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts