Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a worthwhile performance option? if properly tuned what gains can be expected? just playing around looking for cheap HP, without nitrous. thanks, mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
having trouble concentrating with your GIF going up there!!
anyway, im assuming you can run higher compression and timing to further utilize this fuel??

·
Registered
89 Posts
E85 is a great option. You have to be sure you have enough injector though.. it takes anywhere from 20-40% more fuel than gasoline depending on the motor. Also E85 makes best power at richer AFRs than gasoline.. It burns cooler, it burns cleaner, its smells better, its better for the environment, its got great resisitance to knock, and its oxygenated, so it will make more power than gasoline if properly tuned. Its motor octane is about 105.. but due to its latenent heat of evaporation, along with being oxygenated its affective octane is much higher. I've seen people make over 1000HP with the stuff on big boost setups (cars obviously) ...

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
JLG"S gif gave my mr winky a hell of a wake up call...MA kinda woman..BUSTY!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just had my stock injectors modifed on my 08 10, I think they said they flowed like 310 or somthing like that. If you run out of fuel Fuel Injector Clinic can modify them to flow more. Its like $40 an injector.. The stock 10R injectors max out at about 600CC modifed at 45PSI, but they flow just fine up to 140PSI so you can easilly get 800CC out of em if you have a good pump and regulator..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wait a minute here...... Are you trying to sneek this under the radar? You didn't mention any of this last time we were riding. Sorry my bike's faster.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Isnt e85 much more corrosive though, and is it safe with the stock tank lines and pump? I have a whole bunch of methanol back from my go kart racing days maybe Ill just start running that :lol:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Definetly worth it and not corrosive. All you need to do is raise fuel pressure and tune. Bigger increase than a full exhaust.

·
Registered
860 Posts
pc3 & ignition module or send the ecu to guhl motors for a reflash.

On a sidenote "Martin, Mi" I used to race up @ 131 all the time. Didn't hit it last year, but plan to this year.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
having trouble concentrating with your GIF going up there!!
:iamwithsti totally forgot what i was going to reply with. thanks to gravity. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well im doing it. i pmd garth about the injectors and the pump choice. sounds like the newer 10s have large enough injectors. maybe i wont have to run more pressure with the larger injectors, anyone know?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am runnin it right now, increased pressure and still had to throw a bunch of fuel at it. Its so easy to mod the stock pump, I didnt feel like tapping out my injectors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I fit a walboro 255 intank in mine a couple days ago. It has an internal 75PSI bypass so you could run that and trim fuel with a PC or bazzaz. The stock injectors will function up to 140PSI of pressure, mabey even higher but that as high as my friend at FIC could test with his injector machine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts