Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I'm posting yet another SCU issue but I'm working through mine and searched E6b with nothing so figured it would be good to key it in for future searches. Just trying to help spread knowledge guys and gals.

Just a little backround on it, this is on a 2015. I had a really bad experience with a tank slapper so I moved to an Ohlins Race SCU and get faults intermittently and all faults show e6b when I pull the code on the cluster. The fault is for a ECU-SCU communication error/low voltage. The main time I can get it to fail is opening the throttle in 6th hitting about 75-80mph which is where the ohlins SCU goes to full dampen from what I can tell. I have not tried putting the OE SCU back in yet but will try once I give the Shorai battery a try if it persists. But looking around on here found that the battery on the 2013-15 is pretty much garbage, which I did top off with a charger to no effect. I have a battery on its way to see if it cures the problem before hitting Ohlins back up requesting a replacement if it still happens. The SCU has been installed for less than month.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i think a new battery will cure your problem!

if i dont ride mine for a week i get a red light on the dash with FI,i let it run for a minute, turn it off and restart and the error goes, go for a ride stop for a coffee restart with no error, so yeah the battery is to small, im debating whether to add my usb to my battery to run my gopro, dont think its going to hack it :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to do the same but have the same worry. Kinda ticks me off on how new it is and having a simple issue like this. See what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, literally just got back after a brief ride, ~30 miles throughout the rev range. Shorai battery did it. Hope it helps for people searching in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts