Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if any of you Guru have tried the E3 plugs? They claim more horsepower, clean burn, better fuel economy. All at about $8.99 a plug. Any Thoughts on these?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I know they don't work on Gen3 small block GMs which includes pretty much any truck/suv motor of different sizes... 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0...

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Gonna call snake oil on this one. It isn't about how big your spark is it's how burnable the fuel is. Gasoline is only about 20% burnable so no spark plug is going to help. The brisk spark plugs are the only one worthgetting PROVIDED you have shaved the hand and put on a thiner head gasket for clearance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to their chart this is the plug for GEN1-3:
Ninja ZX-10R; 1000CC (2008-04)...E3.38 .032

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jlg0987 I've seen a lot of buzz about these on the speed channel on different shows by so called experts an wanted to see what the forum experience was but here is the link to see what kind oil they are really selling. http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I did research on the 1st Gen and the NGK is a special plug...even contacted tech at NGK and really there is nothing really better than stock it's a great plug.

bloo

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bloo I hear what your saying got NGK in mine right now, but before there was NGK there was another best plug to run. So we got check out the comp routinely to see if there is a better product or a real new innovation.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Bloo I hear what your saying got NGK in mine right now, but before there was NGK there was another best plug to run. So we got check out the comp routinely to see if there is a better product or a real new innovation.
understand as it has been years...just saying the Stock plug if you read the codes is SPECIAL and many riders use it in different Configurations so far like Nitrous, High compression etc. and I never read anyone needing a special plug for the 1st Gen at least in other situations....but agree always good to see what else is out there. :thumbsup:

bloo

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I don't believe in special plugs. The only thing special about plugs is clearance. That and durability.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The platinuim plugs are a joke too. If your ride came with them then fine. The only time that I have seen them have advantage over regular plugs is when the coil is directly on top. Convention ignition systems just don't the enough spark to warrant platiniums. Sorry I will get off my soap box now

·
Registered
700 Posts
I don't believe in special plugs. The only thing special about plugs is clearance. That and durability.
:+1: accualy i like std copper plugs but that just me. In the 10 there so hard to get to i just run stock as they last a little longer. i pretty much just stay with what came in the motor from the factory.

There is a plug that i like its a NGK 105...somthing.........but its just like the brisk if your running high comp and need clearence.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bugman Just some FYI about that website the guy who owns it is not the most up and up guy in the world. I had a run in with him when I bought a new rearset. Sent me a set that that only fit one side of my 10. Then he had the nerve to say I was putting them on wrong. I had send him a pic to show him that it didn't line up in order to get my money back!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts