Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
e-racing fairings anyone as experience with them? ****UPDATE****

http://www.e-racings.com/

Just got a quote from them for shipping, and it's quite reasonable, plus the price of the parts is good too....

Before I close a deal with them, I just wanted to know how many here have experience with them or seen them?

Wonder if they are easilly fixed after a crash? how they fit? etc.

A member here allready as some parts form them (thanks again RACRX451 for the link and info)

Thanks

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I think Im going to use them as well, real inexpensive and will work to have something on the bike in the mean time. Im going to be buying a set of their fairings for my 04-05 to 06-07 body swap.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Im going to use them as well, real inexpensive and will work to have something on the bike in the mean time. Im going to be buying a set of their fairings for my 04-05 to 06-07 body swap.
They ship real quick DHL 2 day... but I have to get more info for custom brokerage with DHL...know them by name but never used them.

I was actually hoping on getting a few more opignon on them before I actually do it... going to be my winter project so no rush for me.

Let me know when you get them and how they fit.. I'll certainly drop a ton of rep your way just for that... :wink:

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
They have really good feedback actually.. I heard they were good for the $$$

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Have them on my 2006 R6 and looked over the set for the 04-05 ZX-10R when I had it. I am very pleased with them only a few small modifications. They held up pretty good went I crashed. The R6 set are copies of Sharkskins. I drove down to their place of business and picked my set up. Both Tiffany and the guy (can't remember his name) were very cool.

Here is their direct contact info:
(877) 289-3976
11712 washington blvd
Whittier, Ca 90606

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
I brought the SuperBike tail from E-Racing and it is very good. It was dirt cheap ($120 vs. $225 most others charge)... THe zx10R E-Racing tail was simular to the hotbodies for the zx10R...

Ive mounted and painted 2 other sets of E-Racing bodies and the one for the yammy 07 R1 was very good... almost armor bodies quality but a little bit less than Shark Skins.

Now the 05 Gixxer 1000 seemed sort of thin, but after having a good amount of paint n primer n clear coat, it was perfect.

I think the quality of the bodies will vary bike to bike... I hear that they buy other company molds...at least I know Matt Drukker (sp) sets were Shark Skin molds (not as thick).

In the end, from now on im buying the E-Racing... they have stood up to crashes (not my bike) so for the money...it Kitty 4 sure....

Here is the SuperBike tail....
For all the racers or track only this is hot... You realy can sling around the bike so much faster.... no drag from the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I brought the SuperBike tail from E-Racing and it is very good. It was dirt cheap ($120 vs. $225 most others charge)... THe zx10R E-Racing tail was simular to the hotbodies for the zx10R...

Ive mounted and painted 2 other sets of E-Racing bodies and the one for the yammy 07 R1 was very good... almost armor bodies quality but a little bit less than Shark Skins.

Now the 05 Gixxer 1000 seemed sort of thin, but after having a good amount of paint n primer n clear coat, it was perfect.

I think the quality of the bodies will vary bike to bike... I hear that they buy other company molds...at least I know Matt Drukker (sp) sets were Shark Skin molds (not as thick).

In the end, from now on im buying the E-Racing... they have stood up to crashes (not my bike) so for the money...it Kitty 4 sure....

Here is the SuperBike tail....
For all the racers or track only this is hot... You realy can sling around the bike so much faster.... no drag from the stock seat.

Thanks Vion.. I was wondering if I shjould order the Solo tail (uses stock seat) or the Superbike tail...now I know i'm getting the Superbike tail... I guess I'll go with 3/4 inch foam for start...till I'm used to the new level of 'confort'... Wont ride on the streets with this thought....

I'll also be looking a canadian company that those a lot of racing bodies... they can alos paint it and make the design you want for a about the same prioce aas a primer set of sharkskins... so I'll let you know I my inquiries go... they are called Mimic Industries....

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
good to know, I was about to get a set of the hot bodies set for my 04 but this is quite a bit cheaper, very reasonable price

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
I brought my hotbodies from Sport Bike Track Gear (STT parts group) for $450 shipped... it looks like that speacial is over.

If i crash ill be getting the E-Racing. Im deffinently getting them for the 08 (as long as i can use stock exhaust).

:: I took a 1/8 inch ply board and cut it....then took a old back protector, cut it and shaped it, hot glued it on the board, then took a old seat...strip the cover off, put it infront of a electric heater (to make it soft) the stretched it over the pad and staped it down.

Also if you use the superbike tail...fill the three holes with bondo or some type of body filler... it will make it strong and resist cracking. All your wieght is on those three contact points and my friends solo tail crack (pit tek bodies).

I drilled the bolts to hold the seat down into the bondo filled holes...

here is the best shot i have of the seat, lol dont laugh, but yes those are large washers and bolts to hold it down....

My bum dont hurt either... but moving at a quick/fast pace your not realy in the seat that much anyway... and race bikes are for purpose vs. comfort...

I still have an extra new hotbodies tail for a stock seat...meant to put it up here for sale.

·
Registered
590 Posts
http://www.e-racings.com/

Just got a quote from them for shipping, and it's quite reasonable, plus the price of the parts is good too....

Before I close a deal with them, I just wanted to know how many here have experience with them or seen them?

Wonder if they are easilly fixed after a crash? how they fit? etc.

A member here allready as some parts form them (thanks again RACRX451 for the link and info)

Thanks
No prob..

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd like to know if the complete set is relatively easy to put on and take off.

Im thinking of getting a set for trackdays, but i also use the bike to commute so i'd have to put the oem fiairings back on.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I belive regardless of the set you have...it takes a good hour and a half to two hours.... just try removing your stock fairing and putting them back on completly....

The other things is unplugging and remooving the front lights, I don't think they fit under race fairing. Once you get the hang of it it might not be too bad....but it takes some work for shure...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I belive regardless of the set you have...it takes a good hour and a half to two hours.... just try removing your stock fairing and putting them back on completly....

The other things is unplugging and remooving the front lights, I don't think they fit under race fairing. Once you get the hang of it it might not be too bad....but it takes some work for shure...
Great so i'll need more than a six pack of beers than :)

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Hmmmm time for changing... You can take this bike apart as a unit... Ive done it more times than I can count...

The race skins only take under 5 minutes if that to mount and remove...
The stockers I know I can mount and in about 15-25 minutes... and remove in less than 15 minutes...

The catch is how you do it....

If you get another ram air tube then its all gravy, but that would also mean a complete top end, with brackets and speedo... gets a little expencive.

The other route is just taking it off at the mirrors, and taking the wire plugs on the left hand side and move them a little bit forward. This will kill the need to unbolt the upper from the mid section... this way you can access it from under the flat black plastic piece....

Well in the end i think you should be able to do it in less than 30 minutes...

As time go on and you do it more and more you will see way less shit you need to unbolt.

For me I just unbolt the lower and take the upper off as a whole... and the tail also....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmmm time for changing... You can take this bike apart as a unit... Ive done it more times than I can count...

The race skins only take under 5 minutes if that to mount and remove...
The stockers I know I can mount and in about 15-25 minutes... and remove in less than 15 minutes...

The catch is how you do it....

If you get another ram air tube then its all gravy, but that would also mean a complete top end, with brackets and speedo... gets a little expencive.

The other route is just taking it off at the mirrors, and taking the wire plugs on the left hand side and move them a little bit forward. This will kill the need to unbolt the upper from the mid section... this way you can access it from under the flat black plastic piece....

Well in the end i think you should be able to do it in less than 30 minutes...

As time go on and you do it more and more you will see way less shit you need to unbolt.

For me I just unbolt the lower and take the upper off as a whole... and the tail also....
Wow talk about a quick changing artist!!!

I only did it twice...so i'm slllloowwwww..... I'll definatly have to play with it...and get more practice

You should do a How to with pics :crackup:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW for mimic iondustries, they don't have any body skins for the 10...or any other liter bikes for that matter... they mostly do stuff for local riders...and most race with 600...

BUT they do very cheap paintwork.. 250$ for a one color scheme... 50$ per additional colors... they don't do airbrush ..only simple stuff.. but still beats doing it myself in the garage for that price!.... i'll probably send him a design for a firm quote and see....he's only a 3 hour drive from me...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
i'd love to get the lower fairings and paint them magma red, anyone know if it's possible to get the magma red straight from kawi?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts