Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike to Orient Express today. But before I went there I took apart my buddies 2011 ZX10 and pulled his Guhl flashed ECU and put in my backpack.
Short and simple, both ECUs made the same identical #'s maybe on a few different runs one might of put out 1HP then the other. The HP and torque curves were pretty much the same. Identical.
Both hit 6th gear limiter at 14,000.
Both ECU's run a little lean up top. We installed the PCV and fixed that on my Dynotronics flash.
So, whoever makes the claim that their flash will give you more HP or smoother power is full of shit. The dyno shows different. Both ECU's back-to-back on the same day on the same dyno showed no difference between the two.
Hit the search button on either company and make your own choice.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
nice results and thanks for spending the money on this information.... and we know Guhl Motors charges less that's who I went with.... and I am very happy with their service....

I've heard Dynotronics is good as well....

Don Guhl uses his own software (he is an amazing programmer and electrical engineer), Dynotronics and the other companies use Passani Engineering software, both will yield the same result... both very good

Guhl can also tune a fuel and ignition map via the ECU now.....

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
nice results and thanks for spending the money on this information.... and we know Guhl Motors charges less that's who I went with.... and I am very happy with their service....

I've heard Dynotronics is good as well....

Don Guhl uses his own software (he is an amazing programmer and electrical engineer), Dynotronics and the other companies use Passani Engineering software, both will yield the same result... both very good

Guhl can also tune a fuel and ignition map via the ECU now.....
and remove the the f-1 light so you can remove the servo motor.

·
my own worst enemy
233 Posts
If any of you talk to Joe, can you ask him if there is any progress on getting a replacement ECU for me? I can't get ahold of him.
Also, could Urban Legend please tell us if he had any issues with Dynotronics again?

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Took my bike to Orient Express today. But before I went there I took apart my buddies 2011 ZX10 and pulled his Guhl flashed ECU and put in my backpack.
Short and simple, both ECUs made the same identical #'s maybe on a few different runs one might of put out 1HP then the other. The HP and torque curves were pretty much the same. Identical.
Both ECU's run a little lean up top. We installed the PCV and fixed that on my Dynotronics flash.
So, whoever makes the claim that their flash will give you more HP or smoother power is full of shit. The dyno shows different. Both ECU's back-to-back on the same day on the same dyno showed no difference between the two.

Good luck.
ECU testing - YouTube
Guess it all boils down to customer service now?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

What exhaust are you running? Sounds good... and what was the RWHP # ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What exhaust are you running? Sounds good... and what was the RWHP # ?
I got the Austin Racing GP2 slip-in with the baffle removed. And a few other little things are done to the bike.
On this dyno like I wrote in the video, IMO, it was giving very generous HP #s at 197-200HP and 84 torque. When the bike was first on his dyno with about 500 miles on it, it made 183HP with the slip on tune.
The bike put out the same #'s as a S1000RR with full pipe and tune that he had on the dyno the day before.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Any ill effects from the reflash in regards to the power maps, TC settings? Will the bike make more power with the M and L maps too? I use those for wet and really wet roads, along with the nanny mode TC settings.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I went w Dynotronics because they're only an hr from me and because Joe really took the time to answer any question I had. I'm very happy w the results, bike runs great, not even decel popping. Either way awesome info man!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts