Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware I might not get the responses needed but I thought I'd ask anyways. I'm having trouble finding dyno's around here to get my bike tuned one. There is one less than an hour away at a college but they want me to leave my bike there, I'm not leaving my bike at a college. The Harley shops have the 250i which is nice...but they say that it's setup for a HD's wheelbase and won't accept the short wheelbase of a crotch rocket. Talked to a guy that has one in Blackhawk, SD but that's a long damn ways away. Now I'm looking for shops near Omaha, Des Moines, and the Twin Cities in MN...

I guess I'm kind of running out of options and having no luck finding one. Any help is awesome, thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Olathe...I've got cousins down there...might have to talk to them soon...

I'm going to keep looking but I don't think I'll find much, make some more phone calls

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
381 Posts
There's a harley shop here in Omaha with a "state of the art" set up, but there's no way I'm taking my bike to a v-twin cruiser dealer for tuning. Then there's Cliffords cycle but, um yeah, I'm gonna have to pass on them. Word of mouth advertising is a bitch for those guys.

·
Registered
582 Posts
yup heard some serious horror stories, all the same moral.
and HELL NO im not lettin some knuckle head trained on making an unbalanced vtwin run shake and leak like no other EVER touch my ride :lol: he'll pull a couple sparkplugs and drill a tiny hole in my oil pan so he'll feel at home!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Omaha is less than 2 hours from here but if you're saying there aren't any good tuners.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup heard some serious horror stories, all the same moral.
and HELL NO im not lettin some knuckle head trained on making an unbalanced vtwin run shake and leak like no other EVER touch my ride :lol: he'll pull a couple sparkplugs and drill a tiny hole in my oil pan so he'll feel at home!
Haha...it's kind of funny because the first Harley shop I called in Sioux City said they don't "do those kinds of bikes". I later half had the notion to call back and ask what was up with that, except when I called the other shop they told me exactly why their dyno's won't work with "those bikes".

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about Clifford Cycles or D & J Motorsports. Either of you two heard of them, good/bad?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I haven't heard anything about D&J, good or bad. I'd suggest staying away from Cliffords. I've never heard one good thing about that place. You might wanna try try searching mid-america motorplex and see if they have any sponsors that do engine-building.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Dyno tunin is like tattooing... lots of guys can do it but only a few here and there are TRUELY gifted at what they do... remember its an art as much as science; just cuz they have the tattoo gun and took the classes doesnt mean they are good...
Just somthin to think about.

·
Registered
590 Posts
yeah, mike at fenders can help you out.. you might check out radical cycles too. musgrave works there and he was a crew member on damon buckmasters yamaha team... van wall yamaha in perry, ia has one too. they did my 10 last year. just got to come to des moines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts