Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just searching the web when i found this product at hard racing. It says that it directly connects to your pc through the expansion port. You can advance or retard your timing in each cyl. Also it allows you to increase your rev limiter. Does anyone have any more info on this?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
the expansion port is the same plug your quick shifter plugs into. Expect to have to pull the pins from the quickshifter plug and insert into the plug for the ignition module. Should be no big deal but just a heads up. Curious on pricing myself. slotting the pick up is free.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I called a race shop this weekend and they said dynojet has been promising this thing forever and we wont see it for a while. SOmeone went to the Indy show and the dynojet techs said expect a late May time frame because they have only tested it on R1 motors.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I asked him about that and he said to wait because you can advance or retard indiviual coils which is better and will produce more power.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hopefully this comes out understandable, according to the dyno i went to the revs cutout at about 12,500rpm, seeing that the tacho reads 13,000 as redline and cutout is about 13,500, realistically the motor should rev to 13,500 on the dyno, the ignition module allowing to raise by about 1000 would in a way bring it to what it should be in the first place if ya get my drift.:dontknow:
Any comments?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
sp500 said:
Hopefully this comes out understandable, according to the dyno i went to the revs cutout at about 12,500rpm, seeing that the tacho reads 13,000 as redline and cutout is about 13,500, realistically the motor should rev to 13,500 on the dyno, the ignition module allowing to raise by about 1000 would in a way bring it to what it should be in the first place if ya get my drift.:dontknow:
Any comments?
Not sure i understood what you meant, but I can tell you the tach on the bike is off nearly 1000 rpms on top. I have an aftermarket shift light for this reason.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yeah thats what i mean Miykl, getting one of these things so in raising the revs to there true numbers so to speak.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
BNninja said:
I asked him about that and he said to wait because you can advance or retard indiviual coils which is better and will produce more power.
no doubt the module will be more precise and allow you to put the advance (or retard) exactly were needed, but until it's available there is another solution that isn't very hard to perform (from what I've been told) and is reversable when the module is available.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Dam, i wished they would release the thing. I wanna get a custom map but id like to have the module first. I dont wanna pay another $250 afterwards. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I hear that man...if my bike feels fine then I'm not going to remap it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts