Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 ZX-10r and am having some issues with installing a Dynojet quick shifter rods with gp shift. I called them and they informed me that I needed both so I purchased shift rod a & c. Upon trying to install them I cant figure out the configuration to be able to adjust the lever height exactly where I would like it. If anyone could post up a picture of there's installed I would greatly appreciate it, or just a point in the right direction.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that but there does not seem to have enough threads to adjust the shifter lever height where I would like it. It sits to high for my liking. When I get home I will take a pic of my setup to see if there are any suggestions from there.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sounds like you need a longer rod then.... ha
Story of my life ...*sigh*

On a serious note I believe that is why they suggest using the rod A & C, but with both installed it is too long at that point. Dricked are you aware of which rod you are using?

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used something similar to rod A. I didn't use a DJ rod just one that I had that worked.
Did you find you had a lot of adjustment with the rod A?

Is the rod you used from dyno jet?

What is a DJ rod?

·
Registered
903 Posts
I use the original OEM rod with the dynojet sensor on vortex rearsets. I played with the position of the knuckle itself by moving it a tiny bit forward by about 1 tooth, this bought me enough room. The shifting isn't affected. You could trim the oem rod a wee bit and then you won't have to rotate the knuckle forward from 12 o'clock. But be very careful when trimming because the oem rod's thread depth isn't big. Use blue locktite once you set the final position.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm not a fan of DJ rods, they seem flimsy and have broken on me before.
The Dyno jet rods are OK when it's a female. The shafts they make with a male 6x1.0mm will break everytime after some use. Graves has a selection of quality shafts as well as Sato. I see the Dyno jet ones on the Graves Website but not thier high quality ones. I think you need to call them and ask about specific length shafts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
....if you need a rod made Duhast, I know a guy. :)

Seriously though, if you can give exact measurements & pictures I can whip you up a polished one out of 7075, though I agree that female threads on the rod would be the way to go.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
....if you need a rod made Duhast, I know a guy. :)

Seriously though, if you can give exact measurements & pictures I can whip you up a polished one out of 7075, though I agree that female threads on the rod would be the way to go.
Hopefully I can get out to the garage in the next couple days, and get this figured out. I think I might just be overlooking something as I have 2 extra rods from DJ just cant seem to figure out how to setup with the pressure sensor in order to get the correct shift lever position. I will be sure to shoot you a PM if I decide to go that route though :notworthy:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If anyone seems out of norm please call me out, otherwise I am planning on trimming the rod I have on there now and my other one to see if i can manage to get them to work. If that is a no go I will have spaz do the deed!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need your help guys - I have Gilles VCR rearsets on 2015 zx10r and would like to fit standalone Dyjnojet quickshifter unit. Which Dynojet sensor do I need for reversed/race shift pattern (1 up, rest - down) : 4-113 (pull) or 4-114 (push)? I'm confused.. :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found it so just in case someone needs a hint:

" To give our white Ninja an even more racy feel, we switched from the standard one-down, five-up shift pattern to a ‘GP’ configuration (one up, five down). This further reduces the time it takes to initiate an upshift since you’re pressing down on the shift lever rather than lifting up on it. To do this we purchased an axle shift knuckle ($41.56) from a 2008-2010 generation ZX-10R (you can use the 2014 OE part if you leave the countershaft cover off). We also had to source a pull-type shift sensor from Dynojet ($219.99) and an shorter 145mm shift rod ($12.00, also from Dynojet) since the standard rod is too long to accommodate the shift sensor. "

2014 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ABS Project Bike - Motorcycle USA

·
Registered
2015 Gen4
221 Posts
The Dynajet is a push sensor, to get reverse shift pattern, check in which direction the sensor pushes.
I bought chinese rearset as well with long shaft which enabked me to decide on placing of the shift lever. Did not know it can run standalone though, always though it had to go with furl module

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
If anyone seems out of norm please call me out, otherwise I am planning on trimming the rod I have on there now and my other one to see if i can manage to get them to work. If that is a no go I will have spaz do the deed!
If it will clear the frame, I would run the sensor up on the front by the arm.... less chance of that wire coming loose and getting tangled up in stuff. :) I had to index my arm a little more counter clockwise to do it, but so long as it's only a tooth or two at max it won't affect the shifting feel enough to notice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts