Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone give me the low down on these? what exactly do they do? also, do they plug into a pc111 or do you have to plug them into the bikes harness like a pc111? do you need a dyno tune after installing? different maps for them, etc? are they even worth getting...i dont see many people using them.

thanks

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
well when you have a good dyno tuner available they can be beneficial. You need a power commander to run the ignition and there are no maps at all for ignition table.... pretty much a custom application.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I tried one about a year(?) ago. It showed no increase in power any where.
Tried +2 +4 even retarded timing to see if it was functioning. It was.
To be honest I never rode the street with it installed ,all dyno time.
Maybe for a turbo or nitrous bike or even the quick shifter attachment it would be cool. Now it sits in the box in the basement with all the stock parts for the bike.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
well when you have a good dyno tuner available they can be beneficial. You need a power commander to run the ignition and there are no maps at all for ignition table.... pretty much a custom application.
i agree with garth!!:thumbsup: ...if you tune it and develop a timing map you will see and increase in power...the ignition module also allows you another 250-300 rpms which will yield another pony or two..

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah you can sign a waiver from dynojet and they will send you a code for extra rpm....... my bike now redlines at 13,100 instead of 12,750.

so when you have a stock 04-05 at stock gearing it will only do 186mph on the rev limiter (actual speed) with the 13,100 redline you will be able to go 191mph on stock gearing...... so when you want more mph you dont have to re-gear and loose acceleration as well.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
oh and dont forget added fuel efficiency! Im gettin close to 50mpg with my bike with 2-3 deg advance in the cruising ranges

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
well you can advance timing anywhere you want if that answers your question you can add or subtract 10 degrees timing anywhere from 0 to 100% throttle position to 0rpm to 13,000rpm.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I bought one of these Dynojet ignition modules for future use. I filled out a phony rev -xtend application and sent it in and they gave me a 500 RPM increase.

I put in the application I had a lightened and balanced crank, race valve springs, carillo rods, and some other horse sh!t I don't recall. I think it is BS they make you do this.

With the old Dyna 2000 ignitions you just flipped an external switch. I think this product liability application is pure BS on their parts. If a person blows up their bike I don't see how they can blame Dynojet, or could even prove it. I think their is something else going on here, but haven't put my finger on it yet.

Nevertheless Dynojet bought it and sent me the code. I may never use it, but if or when I decide to do so, well I have the code.

Here is something VERY interesting, the unlock code is directly related to the Power Commander serial # and not the ignition module serial #. So as long as you have the code for your power commander, you could get the code from dynojet, even if you don't yet have the ignition module. Future upgrade if you later decide to buy the ignition module.

JJ

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Wow did they really give you 500rpm more? I put that I had built head, cams, balanced and lightened crank and they only gave me 350rpm. put me at 13,100rpm......what would yours be. 13,250 right?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
There is a big debate weather the TRE does anything with timing and I personally thing it has nothing to do with timing. so no, no tre.... but thats just me.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Wow did they really give you 500rpm more? I put that I had built head, cams, balanced and lightened crank and they only gave me 350rpm. put me at 13,100rpm......what would yours be. 13,250 right?
They gave me 13,500. Whether it actually works or not I don't know as I haven't installed the ignition module yet, but thats what it says on the attachment they sent me with the unlock code.

JJ

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
what year bike r u on?

Stock redline on the tachometer shows 13,000. Whether it is actually doing 13,000 or just reading that # as optomistic I have not actually confirmed on a dyno.

The Dynojet redline increase states to check the 13,500 box in the programing. That would be a 500 RPM increase over stock, I would guess. Again I have not verified this yet.

JJ

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
ahhh ok, yeah for some reason the 06-07's rev higher even in the kit ECU..... if you watch the rpm on the dyno it will confirm it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts